Wii mote / Dolphin bar as a light gun in Retroarch

Hi all,

I’ve been searching but can’t find a solution to this.

Is there a guide somewhere for how to set up retroarch and the Dolphinbar so it recognises it as a light gun?

I’m trying to run Time Crisis on PS1 using the Beetle HW core.

I can only get retroarch to recognise a Wiimote using dolphinbar modes 3 and 4, but it doesn’t recognise any input in 4 as I’d expect so running in 3.

Using: Input Driver = Sdl2 Joypad driver = xinput or dinput In input user 1 I have: User Device Index = Mayflash Wiimote PC Adapter (#1)

In Controls I have User Device 1 set as GunCon / G-Con 45.

The buttons on the wiimote are working and I can shoot, but I’m getting no cursor movement.

Can anyone point me to a guide of sorts? Or let me know why I’m an idiot for missing something obvious?

Many thanks

1 Like

I’ve been putting this off too as I hadn’t come across a good tutorial on setting it up myself as of yet. I don’t have a dolphin bar, but I can connect my wiimotes directly via the internal bluetooth. I can’t imagine the process is too different. It works with Dolphin anyway, so…

The dolphinbar works seemlessly with Dolphin outside of libretro, I haven’t tried the core version yet. However, I’m having real difficulty getting the system to recognise the ‘mouse’ input in other cores!