Wiimote for game boy advance

Hello,

I’m pretty happy how retroarch maps the wiimote controller for the visual boy advance, except that the “L Button” and “R Button” are not mapped.

The A and B button are normally mapped to “Y Button (left)” and “X Button (top)”, and I do not want to change this mapping for all other cores.

Since the GBA does not have the X/Y buttons, it means that A/B are “free”.

How can I permanently change the mapping for any wiimote, but only for gba games?

AFAIK, there’s no way to change it only for only Wiimotes and only for GBA games. That is, you can change the mapping for all Wiimotes all the time (by modifying the autoconfig profile) and/or you can change where a specific GBA core puts those core functions all the time but there’s no way to change the mapping only when a certain controller is connected and a certain core is loaded.

Isn’t that a contraddiction if a core can separately save the config/mappings?

A core can make changes to all inputs regardless of which controller is connected, or you can make changes to an autoconfig profile that affects how all cores’ buttons are mapped onto that controller, but you can’t make an autoconfig profile that affects how a single core’s buttons are mapped on it.

Ah, OK, got it.

Which is a shame.

I’ve tried the remapping option inside the core, but seems “useless”, as I can remapp the GBA keys with… the mapped GBA keys.

Thus I cannot remap R with X or Y, as the GBA does not have it.