Wiimote not connecting

Hello! Not sure if this is the right forum, but I kinda need some help here. I’m trying to get a wiimote to connect to Retroarch on my Windows 8.1 computer. I have no problem connecting wiimotes to my computer in the first place (I play Wii on Dolphin all the time) and the wiimote shows up as Nintendo RVL-CNT-01-TR in the User 1 device index, but I can’t get the wiimote to actually connect. (It should stop blinking and vibrate when connected.) I just updated Retroarch just in case that was the problem, but it’s not. Do I have to write some code for this, download some strange thing, or what? Ive been on the internet for hours and I can’t figure this one out…

RetroArch doesn’t have any built-in Wiimote interpretation. You’ll need something that translates its signals into normal gamepad signals. Dolphinbar, GlovePIE, that sort of thing.

GlovePIE looks like a lot of fun, and I’ve been thinking about getting a Dolphinbar for some time now. If I get either of those, will RetroArch accept the wiimote? Or do I have to do something else as well?

That should be all you need. Both of them intercept the Wiimote’s communications and present them to applications as plain 'ol HID joystick signals. I haven’t tested my dolphinbar with RA in a long time, but it worked fine when I did.

1 Like

I tried using my Dolphinbar yesterday but I couldn’t get it to work, are there any autoconfigs for it? Is there anything settings-wise that I would need to change in order for it to work? It gets recognized as a mayflash wiimote adapter or something but says it isn’t configured.

Sorry for the late reply, but I just got a DolphinBar the other day, and I’m very happy with it. Best $20 I’ve spent this month. First off, make sure your DolphinBar is in mode 3 and connected to your PC. Sync a Wiimote or something to it. Load the config file you want to use if you wish, then go to Settings>Input>Input User 1 Binds. Toggle User 1 Device Index to the Mayflash setting that should appear. Then simply go through your keys and set them as you wish. Hope this helped!

(Also, GlovePIE is VERY fun and incredibly useful, but couldn’t handle the analog capabilities of movement in Super Mario 64. DolphinBar handles this perfectly.)