Wiimote + Nunchuk impossible to remap

Hi, guys.

You’ve probably gotten a bunch of similar threads like this one but it seems that input configuration for wiimote + nunchuck can’t be changed. I feel like the default input configuration is very counter-intuitive and I want to configure all buttons.

Whenever I select any button for configuration the controller does not respond except for nunchuk analog stick input. I’ve tried turning auto detect off and switching device type but nothing works.

Here’s a screenshot of my input configuration screen:

This is normal, the input section was broken in RA 1.0.0.2, it technically still is very broken but because of other problems. Best thing to do; the only thing you can do is manually remap the buttons in the .cfg, do both retroarch.cfg and the snes9x cfg. If you don’t know what code each key is you can look at the source code or:

And avoid the input section of RA so that it doesn’t change, the bad thing is if you want to use a different controller for a different game, then you lose the current setup. Of course there are ways to circumvent this by copying the target core and renaming it, this will make a new cfg for the copied core but it’s kind of a mess to deal with so sticking with one copy of each core is best.

Thanks a lot! I was able to remap it now.

Sonic, is it possible to edit the config file to save resolutions settings per core?

No, there is no code for that, RA is currently programmed to always start in 640x480, even deleting it from the resolution list would do nothing. Because of this it’s not as simple as it could be of just reading the values from the list and writing them to the config like other settings do.