Will RetroArch (Mame, specifically) work on a Fire HD 8 Plus?

Hi everyone,

Right now, I’m working with a Samsung Galaxy Tab E 8.0 (SM - T377V) It’s got: Android 5.1.1, the Quad-core 1.3 GHz Cortex-A53 processor, and 1.5GB RAM|.

I’m likely going to get a Fire HD 8 Plus, which has: 3 GB RAM, and a 2.0 GHz quad-core processor.

I’ve had big problems running games like Night Slashers and Oriental Legends on my Galaxy Tab, which I’m guessing are a result of the slower processor and RAM.

Will the Fire HD 8 make a difference for those types of games? No lags in animation, smoother playing, etc.? Or are those games just always going to be buggy?

Thanks very much! :slight_smile:

Maybe, maybe not, looks like another crappy tablet for gaming tbh, the “Fire HD 8” had the same quad core 1.3Ghz A53 cpu, supposedly the “Plus” version is 30% faster but it’s also using a more recent (and probably heavier) version of android. I also remember reports of older models of Fire HD having abnormally low performance for their specs.

My advice : buy it and send it back to amz if it’s not powerful enough

Thanks for the reply!

In the event that it doesn’t hold up, what would you recommend? Just bite the bullet and get a Windows tablet? I guess I’m just not sure what types of specs I should be looking for as far as RAM, processor speed, etc. to make the games work. So, any help there would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again!

No idea, as i said in your previous post i don’t use tablets, i’m just stating what i know from previous reports : last year someone with a Fire HD (i think it was a Fire HD 7 @ 1.5Ghz) reported heavy stutters on rtype, while the game is known for running full speed even on a raspberry pi 2 (which is only 900 Mhz), so my guess is that those devices are seriously crappy.

Oh, my bad - I didn’t realize I was talking to the same person as before! I remember you saying you don’t use tablets, now. Sorry about that!