Will retroarch support Apple TV4?

I think Apple TV4 will be the most suitable host for emu games… As the new tvOS based on iOS, there should not be much difficult port retroarch to this new platform…

Hope tvOS can jailbreak some day, need Controller for all tweak, MFi device is expensive and not worth that. But anyway with opensource + XCode we can running retroarch without jb…

[QUOTE=fuzhuo;30055]I think Apple TV4 will be the most suitable host for emu games… As the new tvOS based on iOS, there should not be much difficult port retroarch to this new platform…

Hope tvOS can jailbreak some day, need Controller for all tweak, MFi device is expensive and not worth that. But anyway with opensource + XCode we can running retroarch without jb…[/QUOTE]

If not, there are other ways. I found this forum after i started looking into Retroarch on the new ATV, because i was just able to get provenance from git hub to the atv4 screen. We can self sign and side load apps through xcode now, so it’s much larger than a JB audience, although the process leaves somethings to be desired.

Yeap, I also success build and running Provenance on atv4. But RetroArch is more stable and have much better performance/compatibility than Provenance.

BTW, apple ask every game to support playing with SIRI remote on atv4, and besides the touchpad only one to two buttons can be using, it really sucks for game developer…

Kivutar obtained an Apple TV 4 devkit. It will have to be sent from France to The Netherlands and unfortunately the package cost adds up to almost 60 Euros. I guess I will be taking another loss there and have it sent over since he is in Vietnam right now and he will be there for months so it would be a waste to have it gathering dust for months in France.

Only if the goal is to get it onto the app store. Presumably apple wouldn’t allow RetroArch on the ATV any more than on iOS. If the goal is just to be able to side-load it (like Provenance) than you don’t have to adhere to the siri remote requirement.