Windows 10 and RetroArch 1.2.2

Hi, I have just installed a fresh install of Windows 10 x64 and RetroArch 1.2.2. First I was prompted by the dx9 dll file missing. But installed the runtime web installer. But when I try to start it now it just says “retroarch.exe has stopped working”. I have no idea what to try next. Any helpful insight?

Best regards, Evilmurray

try launching it from a command line with --verbose --menu and see if it gives you any useful information printed to the console window.

Finally got home to try the command and got this log output:

RetroArch [INFO] :: === Build =======================================RetroArch [INFO] :: [CPUID]: Vendor: GenuineIntel RetroArch [INFO] :: [CPUID]: Features: MMX MMXEXT SSE SSE2 SSE3 SSSE3 SSE4 SSE4.2 AES AVX MMX MMXEXT SSE1 SSE2 SSE3 SSSE3 SSE4 SSE4.2 AVX AES Built: Jul 19 2015 RetroArch [INFO] :: Version: 1.2.2 RetroArch [INFO] :: Git: f073739 RetroArch [INFO] :: ================================================= RetroArch [INFO] :: [CPUID]: Vendor: GenuineIntel RetroArch [INFO] :: [CPUID]: Features: MMX MMXEXT SSE SSE2 SSE3 SSSE3 SSE4 SSE4.2 AES AVX RetroArch [WARN] :: screenshot_directory is not an existing directory, ignoring … RetroArch [WARN] :: system_directory is not set in config. Assuming system directory is same folder as game: “”. RetroArch [INFO] :: Loading config from: C:\Emulators\RetroArch_1.2.2\retroarch.cfg. RetroArch [INFO] :: Environ SET_PIXEL_FORMAT: RGB565. RetroArch [INFO] :: Version of libretro API: 1 RetroArch [INFO] :: Compiled against API: 1 RetroArch [INFO] :: Set audio input rate to: 29975.00 Hz. RetroArch [INFO] :: Video @ 960x720 RetroArch [INFO] :: Found GL context: wgl RetroArch [INFO] :: Detecting screen resolution 1680x1050. RetroArch [INFO] :: [GL]: Vendor: Microsoft Corporation, Renderer: GDI Generic. RetroArch [INFO] :: [GL]: Version: 1.1.0.

Anyone got a clue?

That all looks fine. Is it crashing at that point? before you even load a core?

Did you install the latest graphics driver for your computer?

It crashes the moment I click the exe file. I can see the outline of the application in all white with a drop down menu at the top before it shuts down. Like for a split second. I got the latest drivers installed.

I have been struggling with this all day. Any ideas whats causing it?

I removed the 1.2.2 stable and installed the 1.2 stabe version instead. That worked.

I actually reinstalled 1.2.2 again, and it works too. I believe the reason it didn’t start earlier is because I was RDP-connecting to the host. I used another software (Splashtop) to remote control my setup, and it worked like a charm. Just a little heads up there.

I’ve got the same issue with a clean windows 10 installation and RetroArch 1.2.2 on my crappy core2duo lappy. Im currently updating my desktop to 10 and will try 1.2.2 once it’s finished.

Going to dual boot to Linux for the time being on the lappy me thinks :slight_smile:

I made a 4th complete reinstallation of Retroarch on my win10 computer and now its working… dunno why i had to do this 4 times but now it working. I now have crappy sound and other problems…seems like i’m not gonna see the end of this :stuck_out_tongue:

Odd… it’s perfectly fine on my Zenbook and it’s just got a Core-M cpu and intel video