Windows 10 Retroarch Crashes on Startup With Vulkan

I’m having problems using Vulkan on my system. It works with everything else. My system’s config is unusual, though, because it has an AMD CPU with embedded Radeon graphics, and a dedicated NVIDIA GPU.

Here’s the log from the crash: [INFO] RetroArch 1.8.4 (Git f425d8dc8b) [INFO] === Build ======================================= [INFO] CPU Model Name: AMD Ryzen 5 3550H with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx
[INFO] Capabilities: MMX MMXEXT SSE SSE2 SSE3 SSSE3 SSE4 SSE4.2 AES AVX [INFO] Built: Jan 15 2020 [INFO] Version: 1.8.4 [INFO] Git: f425d8dc8b [INFO] ================================================= [INFO] [Environ]: SET_PIXEL_FORMAT: RGB565. [INFO] Redirecting save file to “C:\Users\donni\Downloads\Emulators\Retroarch\saves.srm”. [INFO] Redirecting savestate to “C:\Users\donni\Downloads\Emulators\Retroarch\states.state”. [INFO] Version of libretro API: 1 [INFO] Compiled against API: 1 [INFO] [Audio]: Set audio input rate to: 30000.00 Hz. [INFO] [Video]: Video @ 960x720 [INFO] Vulkan dynamic library loaded. [INFO] [Vulkan]: Found vulkan context: wgl [INFO] [Vulkan]: Detecting screen resolution 1920x1080. [ERROR] [Vulkan]: Failed to enumerate Vulkan physical device. [ERROR] [WGL]: win32_set_video_mode failed. [ERROR] [Vulkan]: Failed to set video mode. [ERROR] [Video]: Cannot open video driver … Exiting … [ERROR] Fatal error received in: “init_video()”

Can anyone help me?

After some research, I found out that it’s my system configuration and not Retroarch that’s the problem.

1 Like