Windows 7 , RetroArch 1.70, Xbox One S controller v2. Refuses to work

Sorry to bother everyone I hate doing this but having no issues I couldnt fix before Im offically stumped. Tried reinstalling drivers, new fresh build of retroarch you name it. Problem as followed, Controller is identified as Xinput but even configured doesnt work If I mess with drivers in RA and windows itself I can get it to show as legacy xbox controller but it will work till im in a game and go back to not responding… If I unplug it and replug it in quickly it works fine np till 10 seconds or so or until I hit home/ guide button and it dies again. Managed to seemingly get it working to some degree but it now makes left dpad = multiple presses upon pressing once… Any hope? Or should I just destroy the pc and hang myself xD … seriously though any help is greatly appreciated this is driving me insane from having it work just days ago its infuriating. Should also state again that xbox v1 wired works fine in comparison.

Hey Bud, I think neither of the Xbox One Controllers are supposed to work with WIndows 7 in any form. They are meant to work only in W10. Maybe there is your problem.

1 Like

Ya I should have said in the other post that I’m using windows 10. Autoconfig doesn’t even seem necessary for the xbox one controller on Windows 10.

With all due respect iv used xbox one controllers with windows 7 since they came out no problems with anything. They are meant to work with win 7, they just dont work via bluetooth or wirelessless for that you need an adapter which I have. They worked fine via wireless and wired the other day and have done for over a year it just seems windows forced a driver update that messed with it and Iv had no luck since then. I find it hard to believe they would work perfectly no problems recognised as xbox one controller for over a year and then stop working because they arent supported, also problem has been replicated on my windows 10 pc as well :confused: ergh one of those days rip my retroarch for now I suppose

Sorry you had no luck. I doubt being a Windows 7 machine that MS pushed an update for your gamepad. Maybe i wrong… Can you use your device normally besides on Retroarch?

Yes controller works on steam games, in stand alone emulators and stand alone .exe games ect np. Just seems to be retroarch that it affected most, odd I havnt had much chance to test today been away from pc so ill run tests on steam ect to make sure its still okay.