Windows Phone/Mobile

I saw a rumor that a port to Windows Phone/Mobile would come in late February and early March and so far nothing. It was just a rumor or the devs confirmed?

It’s something Twinaphex wants to work on but other things have been taking precedence. No ETA at this time.

Yes, but so is confirmed a port, is tomorrow or in 1000 years?

The intention is confirmed but there hasn’t been any work started on it. As a hobbyist project, there’s no guarantee that any work ever will materialize.

But there is at least a date that had initiated the work?

No, he hasn’t started yet.

When you start will announce, correct?

Yeah, we’ll announce when it’s ready for testing/use.

Is it planed to be universal, so Windows 10 Desktop and Mobile users can use it? In RetroArch 1.3 it was announced to get ported to Windows Phone. I know it’s just a word, but if talking to Windows Phone it implies to be complatibel wo WP8.1 and not being universal. But since Windows 10, the ‘word’ Phone is dead.

I know Windows mobile is a pretty dead platform but I would love to see RetroArch in Windows Store in near future. Also desktop users could benefit of a Store version.

So +1 for Windows (Mobile). My Lumia 1520 is ready :slight_smile: But take your time.

EDIT: whops, saw it will be WinRT. But I am happy about any result.

[QUOTE=Morku;36346]Is it planed to be universal, so Windows 10 Desktop and Mobile users can use it? In RetroArch 1.3 it was announced to get ported to Windows Phone. I know it’s just a word, but if talking to Windows Phone it implies to be complatibel wo WP8.1 and not being universal. But since Windows 10, the ‘word’ Phone is dead.

I know Windows mobile is a pretty dead platform but I would love to see RetroArch in Windows Store in near future. Also desktop users could benefit of a Store version.

So +1 for Windows (Mobile). My Lumia 1520 is ready :slight_smile: But take your time.

EDIT: whops, saw it will be WinRT. But I am happy about any result.[/QUOTE]

There will be Port friend?