[WIP] Running RetroArch 1.5.0 with all cores non-jailbroken IOS 10

One of my backup android phones just broke so now I am preparing an Iphone as a backup device.

There are no current instructions on how to do this, so I am going to make some and pin them so people dont have to look to scam sites for a binary.

This must be done on a Mac or Hackintosh with the latest xcode installed along with xcode commandline tools and an apple developer id which is free.

1. Clone libretro-super github repo to any read-write directory.
  2. cd (yourdir)/libretro-super
  3. ./libretro-fetch.sh
  4. ./libretro-build-ios9.sh
  5. Wait about an hour for all the emulators to compile.
  6. Copy the compiled cores to (yourdir)/libretro-super/retroarch/pkg/apple/iOS/modules
  7. Go to Xcode->Preferences->Accounts->Apple IDs->More Details
  8. Select Signing Identities->iOS Development->Create
  9. cd (yourdir)/libretro-super/retroarch/pkg/apple/iOS/modules
  10. xattr -c ./*.dylib //codesign wont work unless you clear all special attributes
  11. codesign -fs “iPhone Developer” ./*.dylib
  12. Build and push finished RetroArch build in xcode.
  13. Go to iOS Settings->General->Device Management and trust your dev certificate.
  14. Open RetroArch->Online Updater and download Assets,Overlays and core info files.
1 Like

Is not the same using terminal and the command with the core file name?

Im a beginner at this, tried so many ways of installing retroarch and I cant get it to work. Tried your guide a few times but cant figure it out. I got both mac and windows so thats not the problem.

Could you please make this guide more understandable for a noob at doing this kind of stuff. Maybe I need a video to figure it out. I would be so happy if you could teach me :slight_smile:

running IOS 10.2.1 on both my ipad pro and Iphone 6.

/Andreas

Try this. Use Macsss 1: Download the latest nightbuild ios 10 file 2: Drag the .app file to desktop; right click and look inside the file 3: Download the desire cores and drop them on the modules folder inside Retroarch.app. Close it and drop the app file to the itunes library to get an ipa file 4:Download cydia impactor app and drag the ipa file from itunes to place it on cydia impactor. 5: Fill the apple id info and let the app install it on your device

It is broken right now, It cant work even with signing and cydia impactor.

Mmm, a work around could be using an old build.

I’m definitely going to try this. I’m very thankful to see notes from someone who completed this and is having success.

If I can figure it out I will post a video demonstrating the process.

First observations: I cannot simply post those commands into terminal. I can download the files from https://github.com/libretro/libretro-super but that doesn’t help build the cores…

damn I just browsed all the super files and didn’t find anything that made sense to me…