Wireless Controller Not Configured

I just can’t seem to figure this out and I am so close. I purchased a Raspberry Pi 3 with a bluetooth dongle and a Playstation 4 wireless controller. The controller works perfectly via bluetooth while in emulationstation. However, once I start a game, I get the follow 2 errors :

Wireless Controller(6655/569) Not Configured Sony Computer Entertainment Wireless Controller(0/0) Not Configured

and the controller does not work. I dont understand why I get 2 errors since I only have 1 controller. I’ve tried to follow various tutorials online, but none of them seem to help :

-> this didnt work and doesnt make sense since I have a PS4 controller.

-> this didnt work either. However, I am curious. How does retroarch know to read the “/opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch-joypads/Sony-PlayStation4-DualShock4-Controller.cfg” file? I didnt configure anything else.

I tried following this online tutorial :

I changed “input_joypad_driver” to both udev AND sdl2 and it didnt work. However, do I need some kind of controller.cfg file somewhere too?

Would appreciate any help on this!

There are autoconfig profiles for the controller using the udev joypad driver. From RetroArch, try going to the online updater and fetch the autoconfig profiles. If that doesn’t work, I’m not sure what else to tell you, since we’re not familiar with where retropie puts things.

ok, thats closer! I managed to find the autoconfig for the sony config files and copied “Sony-PlayStation4-DualShock4-Controller.cfg” to “~/.config/retroarch/autoconfig/udev”.

Now when I started a game, I see “Sony Computer Entertainment Wireless Controller configured in port #1.”

Unfortunately, the controller doesn’t do anything still. What else am I missing? Should it be port 0?

That was the problem in my last post. I ended up modifying the retroarch.cfg :

input_player1_joypad_index = “0” input_player2_joypad_index = “1”

to

input_player1_joypad_index = “1” input_player2_joypad_index = “0”

That seems more of a hack so if anyone knows how to change the port of the actual controller, that would probably be a better solution.