Wireless controllers stop working when one disconnects/connects

I am having a hard time configuring multiple wireless controllers (2 360 and 2 DS4). I can setup and play with one controller perfectly fine, but when connecting multiple things start to fall apart. Basically if any additional controller connects or one of them disconnects, all of the controllers working (even in the UI). I’m not sure what I may be doing wrong but I would like to create a seamless experience where I can add or disconnect controllers when friends come over without having to attempt to reset everything in the input menu.

I’m on the official 1.3.6 build

Also, it seems that the “Enter” button no longer is working in the menu for me. Did it get switched out for another or is this user error on my part? On 1.3.4 I was able to use it to navigate through the menus, but now I cannot. This basically renders Retroarch useless at the moment since the controllers don’t work and I can’t access the menu to fix them.

Thank you all in advance!

Enter as start was a hack and, as such, it caused a bunch of problems, so we removed it. Use the default binds of ‘x’ for accept and ‘z’ for cancel instead.

Thank you! Any suggestions for my controller issues?

Dunno what could be up with your controllers. When using two identical pads, sometimes the device index gets wonky and both pads control P1, for example, but I don’t know what would cause them to stop responding altogether.

I’m having the same issue with different controllers. One is a wireless Xbox 360 controller connected with a wireless reciever. The other is a wired SNES-like controller connected by USB. I have just the SNES one configured in Retroarch. Works fine, but when the Xbox controller turns off (automatically after non-use for a period of time), the SNES one stops working. Turning the Xbox controller back on makes the SNES controller work again too. Any ideas?