Worth upgrading to the nightly?

I’ve tried to keep up with Retroarch over the past couple months, but at this point I’m just looking for a yes or no: is it worth upgrading from 1.0.0.2 yet? Was resolution saving ever implemented? Was the input bug ever figured out? I saw someone say that the forwarder doesn’t work anymore… has that been fixed?

I’m not changing it until an official release anyway.

If everything works like it should on 1.0.0.2 for your needs, I would wait until the official release.

The only reasons I can see offhand to run the nightly’s is if you want to use the new cores (4DO, PPSSPP, etc) or are having a problem getting controllers and stuff paired to your phone (which still might not fix it).

Right after I posted this, I decided to grab another SD card (as to not mess up my 1.0.0.2 stuff) and gave the nightly a try.

Definitely needs works. Some of my findings:

512x224 resolution (hooray for Samsung Plasma’s that support 240p!), audio hiccups and jumps pretty often. Does not happen when set to 512x448. No resolution saving. Restart Retroarch does nothing. Quit Retroarch when a game play just seems to restart Retroarch. Hitting Quit Retroarch again quits out Didn’t encounter input bug, but it might still be there. Retroarch froze when I tried to save state when first launching a game (by accident)

I’ll add these to the nightly topic post. Hopefully they can get fixed but I strongly suggest sticking with 1.0.0.2. I think 1.1 will be great when it’s stable though, I see a lot of things I like.