Would VRR work in Retroarch with a FreeSync monitor and Nvidia card?

The monitor I’m using right now is the LG 32GK850F-B which is a 144hz FreeSync monitor, and I’m looking to upgrade my GPU from my GTX 970. I’m trying to decide between the RTX 2060/2070 Super and the RX 5700 XT, and I’m kind of leaning towards Nvidia due to the superior OpenGL performance, which a lot of emulators prefer. From what I’ve read,VRR on the LG 32GK850F-B is compatible with Nvidia cards, but I’m worried there might be features missing compared to using it with an AMD card.

So does anyone have any experience using “Sync to Exact Content Framerate” inside retroarch with a FreeSync monitor and an Nvidia card?

My goal is to achieve perfect scrolling as described in this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CeZ0xbtfDo).

So I got a 2060 Super and tested it it out with Samsho II using the MAME core.

With freesync turned off in the monitor OSD, the shadows rapidly change from darker to lighter, but it still achieves a transparency effect and doesn’t look nearly as bad as the video posted above. The monitor OSD reports 144Hz.

With freesync turned on, the shadows maintain a more consistent shade of gray, but rapid flickering is still exhibited. The monitor OSD in Hz hovers around what I believe to be the game’s refresh rate.

To be honest I’ve never played this game in an arcade, but I’m assuming this means it works?