Wrong buttons with Xbox360 controller

Hi guys,

I’ve recently discovered retroarch and it’s amazing! Especially the CRT shader looks gorgeous.

I’ve configured my xbox 360 controller and it works well on all cores i’ve tried so far, but in psx (mednafen core) the buttons are switched for cross - circle and square - triangle. I don’t know how to fix this… (is this a bug?)

I’ve created per - core settings for each emulator and switched the button numbers for “a / b / x / y” in the mednafen core settings.

input_player1_y_btn = “2” input_player1_b_btn = “0” input_player1_a_btn = “1” input_player1_x_btn = “3”

It works perfectly in the emulator, but when i access the quick menu, now the a and b button on the xbox controller are switched too. -.-

How can i solve this?

Edit: i thought this subforum is for the included playstation emulator… I’m unsing retroarch on windows. Please move it to the right forum:-(

Edit 2: Solved. Didn’t know there’s a core-remap option but i found it. Strange though that the buttons are switched…

I believe your issue is that the ‘retropad’ abstraction uses SNES naming scheme for the face-button labels. That is, Y=left, B=down, X=up and A=right. Xbox 360 is, of course, opposite from that.