"X App not installed" when trying to install

Hey everyone,

I’ve been doing a lot of internet research and I can’t figure out what’s going on with my Nvidia Shield TV.

I have ES file explorer installed, and I downloaded the newest nightly .apk to my sd card. (I have tried several nightly .apk’s as well as RetroArch_1.3.4.apk)

None of them will install onto the shield, I keep getting “X App not installed” no matter which one I try.

Does anyone have a solution to this? I have no idea what I’m doing wrong…

Thanks!

I had this problem at one point. The problem was faulty a faulty sd-card :frowning:

I just tried another micro sd card (that I know works) and I’m getting the same error. :frowning:

Are you using the “use sd-card as internal storage” feature?

When I had the problem with the faulty sd-card I observed the following:

• It was only when i was using the sd-card as internal storage
  • The sd-card had a weird name instead of the usual under storage management
  • The built in internal storage was at 0 bytes left

I had to move back to only using the internal storage. Use another sd-card, format it and use it as internal storage. Then it worked.

But your problem might be different, of course. This was was worked for me though.

@joeyfosho I had the same problems a few days ago, on my Shield TV. I managed to install APKs again by un-mounting the SD card (obviously I installed from a location in the internal storage, not the SD card)

I don’t know if It’s a problem with the SD card, or how has it got anything to do with it, but it worked for me, Until I figure out what’s the reason, I am using this workaround

[QUOTE=Scardi;40011]@joeyfosho I had the same problems a few days ago, on my Shield TV. I managed to install APKs again by un-mounting the SD card (obviously I installed from a location in the internal storage, not the SD card)

I don’t know if It’s a problem with the SD card, or how has it got anything to do with it, but it worked for me, Until I figure out what’s the reason, I am using this workaround[/QUOTE]

I couldn’t get it to work, my sd card wasn’t mounted in the first place, but for some reason the shield just doesn’t want to install the .apk (it does the same thing with Dolphin)

I wound up just getting the one off the play store, but it does seem to be a bit buggy…