X-Arcade Tankstick causes RetroArch to run insanely fast

I finally got around to mapping by X-Arcade Tankstick for use in RetroArch. Unfortunately, this has rendered RetroArch unusable, as it causes the emulator to run extremely fast. This happens without even pressing any buttons on the controller. I even disbar;ed the key mappings for fast_forward, incase that was acting up, but that didn’t help.

The high speed is even noticeable in the emulator’s menu, where tapping the joystick up or down shoots through the menu options at high speed.

You can see my config here:

http://goldensdomain.com/goldenegg.cfg

Any help to solve this issue would be greatly appreciated! Hopefully it’s just something stupid that I’ve overlooked.

EDIT:

Got it working by enabling VSYNC and Audio Sync. I don’t understand though. Both of those were disabled before and it worked fine. Oh well. It’s working now.

How do you get on with the Tankstick, if you don’t mind me asking ? I am thinking of getting either a X-Arcade or a Tankstick, I’m just not sure what the buttons and sticks are like. Are they close to Sanwa parts ?

They’re Happ-style and a lot of fighting game folks describe them as “trash.” However, if you’re used to American arcade buttons, they’re fine, IMO. They do swap out easily with genuine Happ/IL parts, which is nice, but the wooden panels are too thick for Japanese-style snap-in buttons, AFAIK.

I’m happy with it. I have a separate Sanwa stick for modern games, but I like the X-Arcade for a more retro North American arcade feel. I’ve purchased 2 Mag-Stik Plus joysticks to install in the X-Arcade, to make it easier to switch between 4/8 way controls. The mounting cracked for those is a little larger, so I need to make some slight modifications to the X-Arcade in order to install them.

Thanks for the opinions, hunterk and goldenegg. I like the general size of the X-Arcade, it actually looks the part. Not too worried about the buttons, just as long as they’re not like those cheap arcade sticks.

Nah, they’re not bad at all. You might run into issues if you really abuse them but they should be fine for normal use.