Xbox 360 Controller

Hi there! This is my first post and I would like to thank you guys for all your hard work.

That said, I’m having an issue with controllers on RetroArch. I have 4 controllers that are hooked up via USB at all times. I use my XB360 controller with my PC periodically and whenever I do this I run into trouble. When I boot up RetroArch I have to reconfigure my controllers and sometimes certain cores will crash when I try to start them up. Is there something that I’m missing that could alleviate this problem?

For crashing, we’ll need a log to know what’s going wrong. It shouldn’t be an issue with the controllers.

OK. I ended up just doing a fresh install and configured all of the controllers while the XB360 controller was plugged in. That fixed whatever issue I was having with that. For future reference, where would I find this log you speak of?

If you launch from a command line with --verbose, it will print the log to the console. You can also add --log-file=filename.txt and it will print that to a file instead.

You don’t really need to configure Xbox360 controllers, the configurations are baked in.

Yeah maybe I was unclear. It’s a little confusing. I use my XB360 controller for other PC games, I never use it for RA. I have SNES, NES, Genesis, and PS2 controllers hooked up via USB that I use in RA. I think the problem I ran into was that I configured the controllers in RA while my XB360 controller was unplugged. Later when I started up RA with the XB360 controller plugged in RA seemed to make it the priority device. I reinstalled RA again, this time while the XB360 controller was plugged in and this seemed to fix the issue. Overall, I feel like I made this more complicated than it needed to be lol

What he means is that some joypads already have default configuration in retroarch, you don’t need to configure. Have you downloaded the joypad configs in Online Updater --> Update Autoconfig Profiles ?