Xbox 360 D-Pad won't move left on several cores/systems/games

I’m having a very frustrating problem.

I’m testing several different systems, such as Nintendo, Atari 2600, Atari 7800, TurboGrafx 16, and a few others, and on these systems, on some games my Xbox 360 wireless controller (Windows 10) works fine and on others I can’t move left. On a few I can move left, but can’t move up, for instance.

I thought maybe there were per system configs so I deleted the “config” sub-folder under the RetroArch folder.

I have tried autoconfig on and off and have done the key bindings several times and they always register.

it’s weird, though, because some games/cores work fine and others don’t. It seems like the left d-pad button is the one that works the least, though.

I’ve also noticed that sometimes when I press left, it actually is like I’m pressing right. So weird!

Here’s a specific example. On Atari Jaguar, Bubsy In Fractured Furry Tales, works fine. I can move left and right no problem. But Checkered Flag pressing left is like pressing right.

I don’t know where to look or what to do about this problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

–J

I couldn’t find a solution to this problem so I tried deleting RetroArch.cfg and creating a brand new one, starting over with my configuration, and that seemed to work.

Case closed.

1 Like