Xbox controller moving to other ports

I don’t think the problem is solved at all. I have two USB devices:

• Microsoft Xbox One controller
  • QuickShot joystick (original joystick for C64/Amiga)

Today, when I tried to connect the joystick, it automatically switches to port one and the controller to port two. When I try to change it manually it also doesn’t work properly. The joystick simply starts in port 1 every time and only works there properly. It worked fine before. I am using the latest version of nightly Retroarch. edit: I dont have steam :slight_smile:

The issue I had is a different one you talk about, because my issue was caused by Steam.

I recommend to create a new post to talk about it, otherwise it would be confusing. I have some thoughts on the issue you have and how I solved it (kind of).

1 Like

Yes, thanks for the advice. For me, Retroarch doesn’t even see the difference whether I connect an Xbox One or Xbox Series controller :slight_smile:

The issue is probably caused by (in Windows and Linux this is true) how the USB system on the OS works. The physical USB ports on your PC and the order they are plugged in will dictate in what order they are recognized by the operating system, and therefore on RetroArch.

What I did was close RetroArch, unplug all controllers and first restart the PC. Now comes the tricky part: You have to figure out which USB port has the highest priority (or gets recognized first) and plugin your controller your want to see at Player 1 at this place. Same for port 2. And then don’t change the order or unplug anymore. Otherwise its scrambled.

The problem with wireless controllers is, that you have to turn them off, which would then make the next controller in the system being Player 1 or Player 2. Therefore I have only one USB directly connected controller as Player 1, which is always true and then my wireless controller at Player 2. So it does not matter if I turn it off or on, it will be Player 2.