XBox One Controler configuration is messed up

My XBox One controler configuration used to work fine, but now it seems messed up : if I use autoconfig or if I set the mappings manually, “Down” on the left stick goes up in the menu, and vice versa. Why does it do that ?

Stupid windows 10. I stayed away from it and still on 7, but my relatives bring me their computers to repair.

This OS is good at destroying itself: had to reset the ipv4 catalog (no more internet connection) or go into safe mode to clean and completely reinstall the antivirus (couldn’t launch most programs).

All this caused by… updates. No misuse, no forced shutdown…

thank God you reminded me why i did not continue using Windows 10 when it launched… it really just mess things up in the weirdest way…

Thanks for your answers. I let Windows 10 handle updates automatically, so I don’t really know what changed and when…

In my experience some controllers have a flipped y-axis.

I couldn’t begin to tell you why, but I play with a veritiable ****-ton of different controllers. While I never, ever use the ‘auto-config’. I have noticed that when switching from one controller to the next sometimes the new controller just registers the + & _ on that y axis in the opposite order.

It really messes with my method of controller-swapping.

My suggested solution, regardless of the cause, is to manually map the stick.

Actually I think something is really messsed up on my RetroArch :

I play most of my cores (NES / SNES / Genesis etc.) with this configuration :

• Controller for Player 1 : Retropad SNES USB (a USB SNES gamepad)
    • Controller for Player 2 : XBox One controller

But for some cores, like Mame for example, I want to map the XBox One Controller for player 1 (because of the joysticks) : so, what I do is launch a Mame game, enter Retroarch’s menu, and map the XBOne controller for Player 1 ; then, I click “Bind default all” and then the gamepad is correctly mapped.

But then, when I click “Save core override” in order to save the mapping for Mame only, the controller mapping is messed up again (reversed sticks, reversed buttons, etc.). Why is that ? I can’t save the controller mapping for Mame.

1 Like

I’m still having this XBox One controller issue on Windows 10. I tried to play Castlevania on PSX via Beetle PSX HW with my XBox One Controller, autoconfiguration works fine, but Cancel and Valid buttons in RA menu constantly swap each time I click “Save core overrides” (no matter if the “Swap” option is set to ON or OFF in the menu), the mapping of the controller is messed up if I click “Save core overrides”, etc. Really annoying.

I’m sorry if my post does not make sense, I know it’s a pretty confusing bug. In fact, it’s not the “Swap Valid and Cancel buttons” option that is affected, but the controller mapping (which results in swapping Cancel and Valid because A is swapped with B, and X is swapped with Y).

Here is my “Beetle PSX HW.cfg” :

video_vsync = “true” state_slot = “2” video_shader = “:\shaders\presets\Beetle PSX HW\Beetle PSX HW.slangp” input_player1_joypad_index = “1”

It does not include anything related to my bug, it seems…

The bug is only with the XBox One Controller, all others (including XBox360) work perfectly.

Iv managed to get it working just as xinput but no guide button for home it refuses to work. So far its usable but some buttons arent configured properly for certain emulators. Weird think is I have a v1 xbox one controller and the one s v2 model and the v1 works perfectly both bluetooth and wired identifies as xbox one controller and works np but v2. refuses on bluetooth keeps changing its label and on wired it only works if you disconnect and reconnect for around 10 seconds… its as if a auto config or driver update messes with it. But iv edited and checked so there shouldnt be… ergh… iv been awake for way too long now trying to fix this why cant things work the way they intend to!