Xbox One controller - Guide button breaks controls

Recently grabbed a new Xbox One controller for Windows. Plugged in via micro usb cable. Whenever I hit the orb guide button in Retroarch, it completely breaks all controls until I unplug and replug the controller back in. Very weird. Tried a fresh install of RA, latest update and everything. Tested other driver input methods too, all the same.

I’m on Windows 7 64-bit. Controls all work in every core I tested and everything, but the guide button seems to just totally glitch RA out. Not sure why. Worked fine with wired 360 controller.

Is this some issue with the lazy Win 7 drivers for Xbone controllers?

And… you’ve got your answer, no support from Microsoft on win7/8.

I bought it too to use it in usb and experience the same problem.
If you find some games that make use of that button I guess you could see the same kind of problem.
(as you can push the button outside of RA, then launch it and the pad won’t work)

It seems like the button gets activated and then does not enter unpressed state again.
I saw someone with the same issue on win8. He said he used it in wireless mode then and the problem was gone.

Guess we’re screwed in wired mode.

Ah okay, thank you. That is annoying since I’m not a fan of Win 10. Wanted to change to the Xbone controller because the dpad and rear bumpers are so much better than the 360. Had no idea MS would completely gimp driver support outside of Win 10. Just glad to know I’m not the only one then.

I did notice the guide button doesn’t seem to work even in Steam where it’s supposed to activate big picture mode. This is ridiculous. Wish someone would make a custom driver.

I searched for a custom driver but didn’t find one.

Also tried to update the gamepad firmware on a friend’s computer (you need win10 to run the program…) and it told me I already had the most recent one.

I remember having problems using the guide button some time ago, I’m not sure if it’s related to your problem, but mine was the XboxExt.exe that is triggered when the home button is pressed, killing the XboxExt.exe process and removing this exe solved my case.

Same here I can only get it working by editing main retroarch cfg file but it auto changes back after I close even if I save.

Having the same problem and i don’t see a XboxExt.exe anywhere.