Xbox360 controller

I’ve been trying to get the latest Mac version of RetroArch working with the Xbox 360 controller for quite some time now. I just cannot get it to work no matter what.

It’s working beautifully v1.0.0.2 (no problems whatsoever), but whenever I try setting it up with a newer version, I get all kinds of issues. I’ve spent countless hours trying to solve this. input_joypad_driver needs to be set to “sdl” in order to even get anywhere. I can’t even use the keyboard to navigate the menus with the default config. The frustrating part is that the controller is recognized by RetroArch (binding buttons works), but then it just won’t work at all. All kinds of weird stuff happens after the first button has been bound on the controller. For example, the controller & keyboard just stops working and you have to restart the application, it starts scrolling through the menus like crazy, etc.

Basically, what I’m asking is, has anyone gotten this to work and would be willing to share their retroarch.cfg?

I recently installed RetroArch on a MBP 2014 and have two Xbox One bluetooth controllers. They connect to the computer fine, i can use Joystick Mapper to use them like a mouse, but they don’t work right in RetroArch. I’m not sure why, but the D pad works fine and the A/X buttons go back in a menu. Nothing else works. I ran Retroarch-config in Terminal and set the buttons, but it saves the config file to the desktop and I’m not sure where to put it. I also have one controller that works fine with all the buttons, but on the other, newer one, the trigger buttons don’t work.

So yeah, I can navigate menus, but no buttons except Back work.