Xiaomi Mi A1 (which version to choose?)

Hi, friends!

Just wanted to know if there’s any advantage about using arm64 over the armv7 version if I have a Xiaomi Mi A1.

I tried to install arm64 but or crashes if I load setup from armv7 previous build, which I’m carrying from Moto X2. If I install armv7 it goes ok.

So, I don’t know if it’s better to continue using armv7 version for an arm64 device, or just stop using armv7 and probably expand RetroArch power in this device, no matter if I’ve to set all up from zero again.

Also, of there’s something I have to do to improve their performance, please tell me. This is the first time I get a device that supports Vulkan.

Thanks in advance.

Xiaomi Mi A1. (MSM8953) Suppose to be 64-bit compatible. probably Xiaomi went for cheap and installed a 32bit Miui there. Check and verify.

Well, friend. It is actually an arm64 device. It comes with Stock Android, not MIUI.

The thing here is I’m able to install any of both RA versions, but I don’t know if arm64 RA actually improves things for my device, since I’ve a backup set from an old installation from an armv7 device (Moto X2).

Add I commented before, I can’t just load settings from armv7 RA inside arm64 RA because it crashes, so I’ve to decide which way to take. If there isn’t actually any improvement excursive to arm64 RA which I could take advantage of, I won’t need to start my setup from zero, because I would stick on armv7 then.

I too wonder if 64 bit Retroarch is any better compared to the arm7 version in my huawei…

Well, at this time I think any version works well, however, looks like what we have to keep in mind, in order to choose which architecture to use, is how you favorite cores are being supported and developed.

For example, in my case, RAx32 has Reicast running games well, with some tweaks… but hasn’t Dolphin; on the other side, RAx64 has Dolphin running games so slow,but it hasn’t Reicast yet.

So, in order to get the best, I’m going with RAx32 while Dolphin gets better and Reicast see the light on that architecture, probably not to soon, but RA is pretty healthy. Any hope it’s well funded. :wink: