XMB Menu Resolutions on PC Glitch

I have RetroArch/Lakka installed on a USB stick, it boots in 720p (Lakka flower screen) and in the xmb menu it was also 720p (I think it has to do with the BIOS because on my Windows 7 harddrive the PC boots in 720p for some reason then when in Windows 7 it goes to 1080p). I found the Video settings within the xmb menu for video_fullscreen_x = “0” and video_fullscreen_y = “0” as the “0” notes using the ‘desktop resolution’, so I changed that to video_fullscreen_x = “1920” and video_fullscreen_y = “1080” - and all is good in the menu now.

Thing is Lakka still boots in 720p (Lakka flower screen), then when it loads to the xmb menu it goes to 1080p. Same sort of thing when I’m loading a game, the xmb menu flashes from the 1080p its in - to 720p - then back to 1080p (the aspect ratio/display for the game is fine :slight_smile:). I can live with this ‘resolution switching’ - unless there are some settings, perhaps in bootloader, that I can ‘auto’ detect the correct resolution for the ‘display’ instead of the ‘desktop resolution’ (unless the terminology in RetroArch/Lakka means the same thing) or maybe force 1080p throughout - however, I want Lakka to be mobile, so I can just plug it into other computers or whatnot, so I’d like the settings to be as ‘auto’ detected as possible from device to device.

Glitch I’m running into is that after changing the video_fullscreen_x = “” and video_fullscreen_y = “” setting from “0” to the 1080p resolutions in the xmb menu, this option in the xmb menu has ‘disappeared’ to change the video_fullscreen_x = “” and video_fullscreen_y = “” - which I need available, so I can change the resolution back to “0” or the proper resolution ‘on the fly’ in the xmb menu, if I plug the USB stick into a different device (so I don’t have to ssh in each device to swap the settings).

Any thoughts or might this code have been fixed in a dev build? I am running the Lakka 2.1 64bit generic PC image from the ‘Get Lakka’ download instructions, connected to a Vizio 48" 180p LCD. Thank you!

I’m not sure if it is the case however, do you have advanced options enabled? If not this could be the reason. I know some setting have been set to advanced options only!

Yes ‘advanced options’ is enabled (that’s how I changed it in the first place :slight_smile:) , I see all the other ‘advanced options’ but the video_fullscreen_x = “” and video_fullscreen_y = “” entries have disappeared…

You can edit them in the Retroarch.cfg. This will override the setting to what you set in it.

Yes I know that, but I wont have the ability to SSH with an additional PC, nor the want to SSH into Lakka each time I plug the USB stick into a new device, say if I bring the USB stick over to a friends house or am traveling with a different laptop for instance…

The video_fullscreen_x = “” and video_fullscreen_y = “” options were in the xmb menu, but as I mentioned disappeared.

What I’m trying to figure out is - how to get the options back in the xmb menu, so I can make the resolution changes ‘on the fly’.

Oh I see maybe create an issue on the retroarch Github.

At least you might find out if they have received or moved the options.

Thanks for replying anyways, I’ll see if any other folks chime in. I don’t think them moving the options has anything to do with it, it just happened on the same install - I haven’t updated Lakka or anything.