Xperia Play R800i Lastest Stable Version Download?

Hey All, I hhave been searching old old posts from around 2014 and earlier about this darn pain in the neck device… for days.

Version 1.3.2 works, but XMB is stuck in the old ages, cannot customize, just get a pink menu. All the games and emulators work fine, touch works good, O button doesnt crash anything, menu button does not crash anything.

Retroarch 1.7.7 seems to work beautifully until you touch the screen… instant crash. ALL emulators, once the O button is pressed, or the menu button, the games crash.

Using any other menu driver, IMO just looks bad and is a pain to use.

Any advice to resurrect this old dead device? Any download links for a stable release for gingerbread 2.3.3 with XMB?

Can I just install 1.3.2 and “fix” the xmb?

(the latest download does not install "parse error"and buldbot only goes back so far)

For those of you that read the post, and also had the same questions…

I figured it out (mostly).

There are still some minor performance issues with some roms (specifically an English patched SNES game “Tactics Ogre”

However…

I found a website that has a bunch of old versions that can be downloaded and tried out, and ill list out what did and didn’t happen.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/libretro/retroarch/

You can select “all variants” and then select Android 2.3+

In the list is the following and their respective issues:

1.7.7 - Touch Crashes - Cannot configure input as a result

1.7.6_GIT - Pressing O crashes, Touch input crashes

1.7.5 - Touch Crashes - Cannot configure input as a result

1.7.4 - Untested

1.7.3 - Touch works - Input works for a while, then it “forgets” your controller.

1.7.2 - Touch works - Input works - Seems to have OK performance

1.7.1 - Untested

1.7.0 - Touch crashes - Cannot configure input as a result.

as you can see, I found 1.7.2 to be as “ideal” as it gets. Unless 1.7.1 or 1.7.4 is better, but for the life of me, once I landed on 1.7.2 I gave up.

HOW TO:

1. Install the app
  2. Load for the first time.
  3. Watch where the retroarch.cfg file auto saved.
  4. Manually edit the retroarch.cfg file ( menu_driver = “glui” )
  5. Use touch input to configure Xperia Controls.
  6. ???
  7. Profit.

Hope this helps someone.

1 Like