Xubuntu 16.10 + Retroarch 1.5.0 = No core updater?

Hello, i need a little help over here, it’;s been a while since i used retroarch on linux, i just installed from the libretro/testing ppa and it seems that the option to download cores from within Retroarch is gone, i tried changing the menu driver just in case but that didn’t help, is there a new way to download cores ?

We disable the online updater for the PPA builds because it causes conflicts with the PPA’s core packages if they’re mixed and matched with cores from the downloader. If you want to use the buildbot cores with the core downloader, you’re best off just compiling RetroArch from git.

You guys are kidding me right: https://www.reddit.com/r/RetroArch/comments/65cfsj/no_core_updater_ubuntu_1604_retroarch_150/

hunterk, is it worthy to re-pin the PPA thread?

not joking its just that I had been doing it that way forever, and before then, the cores would show up for install on the ubuntu software center. But i just used synaptic to select and install cores so my issue is solved.

hunterk, I’ve compiled libretro from source, but I still do not have the core updater option. Is there a build flag I need to set?

No, but you may need to specifically enable it in settings > user interface > views (you may need to enable ‘show advanced options’ in ‘user interface’ if it’s not immediately visible)

Thank you, that did the trick.