Yabause and N64 compatiblity

I want to give the yabause core a try but first i want to know if it actually works. What about the game compatibility? Is it a better working version than the one you can download in the appstore???

about the N64 what core runs Killer Instinct gold best? I’m talking about the glitched cloud effects at some stages

yabause works but it’s not going to be full speed on Android. uoYabause or whatever it’s called is probably a better bet.

Try the Glupen64 core.

I’m actually using a Nvidia Shield TV so i dont know about the speed issues on that

But what about the game compatibility is it better or worst than the ouyabause version in tha appstore?

I’m honestly not sure about compatibility, but I would suspect they’re pretty similar.

ok i’m gonna give it a try i guess… Is it any way to remove delete a core in case it doesnt work ???

You can get rid of all of them by clearing the app’s data but, no, there’s no way to delete an individual core without being rooted. It’s something we still need a good solution for.

ok i downloaded the Yabause core ewnamed the bios like in the wiki guide but i get a yellow screen when i try to boot a game. Any suggestions? maybe i need a different bios? anything?

The uoYabause version on Android has higher compatibility as more game fixes have enabled more games to boot up. Also, there have been a great new Framebuffer rewrite from the author recently which fixed a lot of the rendering errors of the OpenGL render path. And uoYabause supports Analog controller sticks by emulating the Saturn 3d analog controller. Street Fighter Zero 3 runs amazingly well on it now with little if any glitches.

The Yabause core is pretty slow on Android as it’s rendering only in software.

On my Nvidia Shield Tablet K1, I can run Glupen64 at least, however, with Gliden64 plugin on any emulator on Android, you will encounter shader compilation, which the impact speed is not as worse as Dolphin or Cemu. You will get better performance on Mupen64plus-FZ edition. I can run Conkers Bad Fur Day in full speed on the standalone emulator than Glupen64 as it would have near full speed with framebuffer on and off on my device. You may get better performance than mine as you are using the Shield TV, I still recommend Mupen64plus-FZ and make a new emulation profile to play around the Gliden64 settings. Also, your device supports full OpenGL 4.5, which has the best compatibility for n64 games.

Mupen64plus-FZ edition is actually the reason i booted my Shield up after a year or so. And its amazing!

The only game i have trouble with is Killer Instinct Gold. The game runs at fullspeed but at most of the stages in the game the backgrounds (the air the clouds) are not good and are glitched. Even with the help of the developer of the app they dont know how to fix this. The Glupen64 core has also the same issues but i dont know if there are any settings to fix stuff.

Killer Instict Gold sky glitch is an old, well known problem that most graphics plugins still have trouble with. The only one that works is Angrylion’s. But that requires powerful Desktop CPUs.