Yabause core and cue files problem

Hello, i don’t know if it’s a known issue but i discover a problem regarding how yabause core handle cue/bin. If cue make reference to multiple files, it won’t work. It must refer to only one bin file. Here’s an example of cue/bin that doesn’t work :

FILE "Mega Man X4 (USA) (Track 1).bin" BINARY
  TRACK 01 MODE1/2352
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
FILE "Mega Man X4 (USA) (Track 2).bin" BINARY
  TRACK 02 AUDIO
    INDEX 00 00:00:00
    INDEX 01 00:02:00
FILE "Mega Man X4 (USA) (Track 3).bin" BINARY
  TRACK 03 AUDIO
    INDEX 00 00:00:00
    INDEX 01 00:02:00

I try another version of the same game that work with this cue file :

FILE "MEGAMAN_X4.BIN" BINARY
  TRACK 01 MODE1/2352
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
  TRACK 02 AUDIO
    PREGAP 00:02:00
    INDEX 01 49:56:24
  TRACK 03 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 52:00:45

Is there a way to make yabause core able to read cue with multiples bin ? It would be great as all saturn games in current redump set use this format…

Not supported by Yabause:

[QUOTE=RobLoach;43375]Not supported by Yabause: https://github.com/Yabause/yabause/issues/198[/QUOTE]

What Saturn ROM set is recommended for Yabuse instead, do you know?

Not sure, since Redump is the most stable one out there. Just added this PR, with this known caveat:

If you find another DAT out there for Sega - Saturn, with documented ways to build the files from its media-source, feel free to make an issue on it. Would love to be able to browse/run as much as we can through this. I’d invite you to test that PR, as it seems Yabause works with just the first track just fine.

I’m confused, why on earth would you not convert multi-bin tracks to single-bin tracks for emulation? I’ve never even considered leaving them split up.

I’m confused, why on earth would you not convert multi-bin tracks to single-bin tracks for emulation?

Redump’s focus is not emulation, but preservation. So that’s a question you should ask them. Yabause doesn’t really support multiple bins, but the new libretro Saturn core from Mednafen does. It’s also much more maintained. Kivutar and I have just switched the database over to reading the .cue files rather then the first track. We’d appreciate your testing and thoughts on this going forwards.

Have been considering consolidating Redump, TOSEC, and Trurip for all the optical media database sources.