Z80 Error for Neo Geo Games?

Hi, all of the Neo Geo games are failing for me in Retroarch with a Z80 error that pops up immediately after the green boot screen. I’ve tried the fbneo core as well as mame libretro, and I’ve updated all my cores from within RA. I’ve also tried downloading different version of the roms. The MAME rom as well as one listed as being the fbneo standard roms, both with the same result.

If I use standard MAME the roms load fine. The bios files are in both the roms directory as well as my system directory.

Any suggestions?

I just tried running Andro Dunos from my FBneo set, and it ran fine on both the FBNeo and MAME cores that I updated yesterday, so I’m unable to help collaborate on that issue.

can you post a screenshot of the error along with a verbose/debug log of the behavior?

So I deleted my retroarch.cfg file to reset everything to defaults and the games started working. I did create a debug file with the bad config file but didn’t see anything that looked related. What I’m planning to do for now is to start setting my configuration back to the way I had it and test as I go to see if the issue crops up again.

If it does happen again I should be able to narrow it down to the parameter change that caused it and will post back here if I find the setting that triggers it.

3 Likes

It seems like that error was bios related… but I could be wrong. Maybe try a different set?

I found it, it was related to run-ahead latency settings. I just disabled that completely and now it’s fine.

2 Likes