Zero2029: How to build and compile RetroArch (Xcode 7)

Mmm, because some one said that the starting screen had a bug, so i searched for some UI or something that had to be with this, deleted and test it, and when i finally open i took note of what i did.

UI or something? well this doesnā€™t make sense whatsoever but I can see why it can fail Iā€™ll add a sanity check to the remap loading

Let me take a screenshot. Im not a developer, so im just deleting and testing. To see what works.

I added a check for that path (check if itā€™s empty or whatever)

[QUOTE=Radius;30222]I added a check for that path (check if itā€™s empty or whatever)[/QUOTE

check the pic

thanks for this guide. most iā€™ve seen never mentioned recompiling the cores under the developer profile so thats why i never got it working before. thanks.

maybe you can help with my new problem since it has to do with this thread and using retroarch for nonjailbroken devices. i cant get bluetooth to work at all in the app. Iā€™ve tried connecting an external keyboard and a icade controller but when i try to do any keybinding nothing happens. i can use the bluetooth keyboard in the apple notes app just fine and even the controller will text letters when buttons are pressed so i know they are working with the phone. but they donā€™t work with retroarch. is bluetooth broken or do i need to codesign or do something with the developer account when compiling in xcode to get regular normal bluetooth devices to working?

Iā€™d also like to say thanks for this tutorial, got it working via vmware, but I had to download a old copy from github from the 18 of january, anything after that and it crashes on load, but it works perfectly prior to that. God its weird having Retroarch on my stock iPodā€¦

the JB version works fine up to the latest trunk.

[QUOTE=Radius;33934]the JB version works fine up to the latest trunk.[/QUOTE] It crashes on side-loading on stock iOS though, still I got an old commit working and have PS1 games going pretty decent on my new iPod touch 6g, might have to try the jb version on my iPad mini though. Edit: Iā€™ve noticed that the old 1/18 build is buggy with appending ps1 images, I hope that the source is fixed soon so that it can be sideloaded again soon.

Hi folks! Itā€™s been a while since I posted anything. Iā€™m glad I was able to help many of you.

In the new version I find that mednafen PSX doesnā€™t work. is it ok on your side? I also remember the old version with PS1 working great but I donā€™t have it anymore. Could you please share it ?

thanks

[QUOTE=palxex;30068]just apply this patch: diff --git a/libretro-common/file/config_file.c b/libretro-common/file/config_file.c index e0903f7ā€¦3b4561f 100644 ā€” a/libretro-common/file/config_file.c +++ b/libretro-common/file/config_file.c @@ -368,7 +368,7 @@ static config_file_t *config_file_new_internal( return NULL;

if (!path || !*path)
  •  return conf;

•  goto error;

if (path_is_directory(path)) goto error; And you will pass the inital bug into the UI. After that thereā€™re much more bugs, not sure whether I can figure all.[/QUOTE] where do i paste this patch? Iā€™m also having trouble getting into app after trusting the certificate

[QUOTE=palxex;30068]just apply this patch: diff --git a/libretro-common/file/config_file.c b/libretro-common/file/config_file.c index e0903f7ā€¦3b4561f 100644 ā€” a/libretro-common/file/config_file.c +++ b/libretro-common/file/config_file.c @@ -368,7 +368,7 @@ static config_file_t *config_file_new_internal( return NULL;

if (!path || !*path)
  •  return conf;

•  goto error;

if (path_is_directory(path)) goto error; And you will pass the inital bug into the UI. After that thereā€™re much more bugs, not sure whether I can figure all.[/QUOTE] How do I apply the patch?

I followed this guide which is part of your own guide but I seem to have better luck so far.

Iā€™ve gotten SNES, NES, GBA, SGEN cores to work but NDS and N64 cores crash the program and Iā€™m back to home screen.

To add to the tutorial : Register all the cores in one command (replace my_email and my_core) : codesign -fs ā€œiPhone Developer: my_email (my_code)ā€ *.dylib

[QUOTE=DRE;37896]I followed this guide which is part of your own guide but I seem to have better luck so far.

Iā€™ve gotten SNES, NES, GBA, SGEN cores to work but NDS and N64 cores crash the program and Iā€™m back to home screen.[/QUOTE]

First of all, do the N64 core name appears at the top, if yes, try: load content-select rom-select core. Thats what i have to do, because it crashes if i load core and then the game.

doesnā€™t work for me, do you have another idea ?

Try this cores, donā€™t forget to sign them with terminal with this: codesign -f -s ā€œiPhone Developer: apple id (Certificate Number)ā€ pcsx_rearmed_interpreter_libretro_ios.dylib

And Remember: Load Content - Select File and Detect core - Var/Mobile/containers/data/applications/ā€¦/Retroarch/Roms - Select it and you should be good to go.

thanks, hope it works now

And for the nintendo DS games ?