Certain games have awful static (MAME)

Whenever I load certain games, like Moon Patrol or Ghostbusters to name two of them (Theres more but I don’t remember off hand), They load but have this bad electronic static sound, this only happens when I load it in MAME 2003, Finalburn Alpha doesn’t do it and thats my usual work around, but not every game runs on those cores.

Any ideas or solutions? Guides show nothing and I haven’t found many solutions to this

Are those games made by the same manufacturer? MAME2003 is quite old by now (15 yrs) and had a number of accuracy issues that could be at play here. If they run fine in FBA, that’s probably your best bet.

If you would like you can post a list of a few specific games that have this issue in the mame2003-plus github repository to see if there is a fix that can be backported: https://github.com/libretro/mame2003-plus-libretro/issues

I’ll do that :slightly_smiling_face: I tested it with a few games so I’d have to find and test them again, but I can try to make a list for it.

I think a few of them are the Data East or Williams fare, like Moon Patrol or Heavy Barrel