Does Citra read .cias at all?

I have some of them and I figured they need conversion, but I can’t find an answer anywhere, both for regular Citra or its libretro core. I know they have to be decrypted but I don’t know if just a cia is good enough or if it must be a .3ds or .cci or if theres some way to make it read cias.

If I am correct, they need to be Decrypted .3ds Files, just like the Binary. Or might need the .tic (Ticket Files) that tell the Emulator you are Authorized to use the File/Game

Ah I see, I’ve never even heard of the .tic files so I’m guessing thats not an option with Libretro.

I have some .cias but no converter ever works to make them .3ds, and I don’t know if its possible to decrypt them with only a computer.

Well, if it is based off of the most recent Builds, then it should be able to read the .cia Format along with the .3ds . If not, then go for the Decrypted .3ds Versions

Ah gotcha, I’m assuming the .cia’s have to be decrypted too, I used a program to get them (which has since stopped working) and everywhere generally says you need the cias decrypted, though its often old information so i’m not sure.

I also had a problem with running Dolphin too but I already made a thread about that.

Sorry if this is threadjacking, but I can’t even get Citra to boot a decrypted .3DS file. I read that you have to have a user archive for some games, but it doesn’t recognize any of the decrypts that I have and manually loading them doesn’t work at all, just forces Lakka to restart. Any help in get this figured out would be greatly appreciated.

Some of them do require a User folder, for things like Mii Data. I forget the requirements off hand but the folder itself goes into “saves” in RA. I don’t know if linking them is allowed (I don’t remember any links off hand anyway) but a search could probably show it, thats how I got SM3D land and OOT running.