GAMBATTE - Game Boy multiplayer

Hello ! I like to play with 4 game boy to some games, it’s something that can’t be done when i was younger even if I had the Four Player Adapter Multitap (DMG-07). So, looking for a core that can do that, I found Gambatte https://docs.libretro.com/library/gambatte/

But I have no clue of HOW to do it. I try some stuff, using one RPI3 with Recalbox and my windows computer with multiple instances of libretro but… canno’t make links.

So I hope you can help me !

GameBoy Link Mode [gambatte_gb_link_mode] (Not Connected|Network Server|Network Client)
Awaiting description.

Network Link Port [gambatte_gb_link_network_port] (56400 to 56420 in increments of 1. 56400 is default.)
Awaiting description.

Network link server address part 1 (client only) [gambatte_gb_link_network_server_ip_octet1] (0 to 255 in increments of 1. 0 is default.)
Awaiting description.

Network link server address part 2 (client only) [gambatte_gb_link_network_server_ip_octet2] (0 to 255 in increments of 1. 0 is default.)
Awaiting description.

Network link server address part 3 (client only) [gambatte_gb_link_network_server_ip_octet3] (0 to 255 in increments of 1. 0 is default.)
Awaiting description.

Network link server address part 4 (client only) [gambatte_gb_link_network_server_ip_octet4] (0 to 255 in increments of 1. 0 is default.)
Awaiting description.

Pretty sure you can’t do it with gambatte, unfortunately. 2-player link mode works with TGB-Dual and Sameboy, I know. 3+ player might work with Sameboy, not sure.

Thank you for the answer.

I doesn’t find this feature in the Sameboy website.

But the 2 players link do work with TGB-Dual. And it’s working good. I use it in my recalbox with two Game Boy screens in one TV screen. As my TV is 16/9 it look great. But I can only have the sound of one Game Boy. But I did test it with Recalbox AND my computer running RetroArch AND netplay and it worked with one Game Boy per device, and sound for every one. But to be honest Netplay is a little tricky for me, I canno’t make the link within my local network… as it was just for testing I doesn’t investigate.

The feature is written in the Gambatte page. Do the architecture (network link port, network link server) is something commun to other core (and do work) ?

Double post because the subject is not the same but as i follow diffrents link I came accross this one : https://github.com/sinamas/gambatte … 4 years since the last update. Is gambatte dead ?

I think it’s more or less “finished”, if that’s what you mean. That is, it’s intended to be fast and pretty accurate. Sameboy is still actively developed and is aiming for highest accuracy.

1 Like

I got it working on Sameboy Core but How do you get it to work with TGB-Dual Core?

What is your setup ? One big TV and two players or to devices and two players ?

On my Computer(Windows 10) with Controller and Keyboard.

So it’s kind of classic. Tape F1 / option and find and activate link. After a reset, you will have two game boy screen side to side with the default options.

So. Everyone is okay for two players now. But how to play 4 players ? There is some description of it and … Can’t figure how to make it work

Thanks for the interest and answers. Do you know an GB emulators with a physical link port (via USB, serial, or anything else) ?

I still have 4 GB at house, but the good old green screen is hitting my eyes now day’s (is the sentence is well written ??)

I have Figured out how to get TGB Duel Link Working but runs the same as Sameboy