Hardware suggestions? Mini PC, PC or Raspberry Pi*?

There’s no longer one additional frame of latency on Linux compared to Windows. That was fixed with the video_max_swapchain_images setting. Setting this to “2” instead of the default “3” will make RetroArch behave similarly to using GPU hard sync on Windows. My experience from testing with Nvidia and Intel graphics hardware is that there’s no input lag difference at all between Windows and Linux if RetroArch is configured correctly on both.

3 Likes

I use a Lenovo ThinkCentre M93P Tiny PC. It runs anything that I throw at it (Sega Saturn, Dreamcast, Gamecube). I installed Lakka Generic.x86_64 directly onto the HDD and I set up a second HDD using the M93P’s expansion bay that attaches to the top (it’s a DVD-RW by default but you can replace the bay with a 2.5" HDD SATA holder). When I want to load any games into it I boot the PC into Ubuntu using a USB flash drive and I just navigate to the necessary folders, drag and drop!

1 Like

Raspberry it’s pretty good, but I think I’ll buy a pc for Lakka in the future. At the moment, however, I would have a problem: All the roms, covers etc. are on an external HDD, specifically a 500GB in two USB powered case, but Lakka does not want to see it. So I wondered, can I install Lakka directly on the HDD and directly boot it from Raspberry? Do you believe it is the best solution? Thanks so much.