Libretro core reset with joypad doesn't reset correctly (MAME only)

Hi,

I posted this over on the RetroPie forums, but in hindsight thought it might be better placed here to see if anyone has the same thing.

I am using Libretro MAME (https://github.com/libretro/mame) on my RetroPie instance (latest version from source), however I noticed a problem with using hotkey+B (default setup on RetroPie) to reset the core.

For me, when pressed the reset message comes up at the bottom left, but the core doesn’t reset, it just carries on running.

If I plug a keyboard in I can reset the core with the MAME default, which is one of the F keys (can’t remember which right now!).

Other options work fine with hotkeys on the joypad (quit, save/load, etc). On all other libretro cores I use (10+), the core reset using hotkey + B works exactly as intended. It is just this newest MAME core which is troublesome.

For reference, my install is reasonably fresh and I haven’t messed with specific MAME or retroarch settings except config files for overlays and a few other minor bits. I haven’t accidentally programmed an override anywhere regarding the controls.

Any ideas? Is this likely to be MAME specific, or Retroarch? i figured it would be MAME as all other cores reset correctly in retroarch.

Thanks!

Just a gentle bump on this, has no one come across this one when using the current Libretto MAME core?

Not sure how this can be related to using Retropie, when all other cores can reset as usual with no issue.

Thanks!