mGBA: building the core

When playing Tactics Ogre, I’m getting “Failed to save”. From my understanding this happens because of EEPROM512 that was fixed in this commit from the main branch: (GBA: Add EEPROM512 to overrides, 32279c3).

just noticed that it’s already in the code, but when I update the core in RA for android, the commit number seems to be older.

So I guess what I’m trying to ask is: How does one initiate a build for a core? I think we only need to build the core in order for the bug to be fixed, but I have no idea how to go about doing that.

Even if I were to compile myself, I can’t replace these files on my android device because they’re hidden.

which repo are you looking at? If it’s endrift’s upstream repo, she syncs back commits periodically to the fork we build from (we have some patches for compatibility with older hardware/compilers), so you’ll just have to wait until that one makes it down the pipeline.

Looking at libretro/mgba. If the commit numbers follow the same order as in the main branch, the code’s already there, but it’s still not working so I figured it just hasn’t been built since.

Edit: looks like it’s been merged into libretro/mgba on Nov 5th, and I can’t find the commit number in the current version, but in the master it’s from the 4th.

So if the core has been built since Nov 4th, this commit is in the core and it doesn’t fix the bug. If it hasn’t been built since Nov 4th, well, let’s build it!

EDIT 2: I just checked it on my pc. The core is newer (different commit number) and saving works, proving that the android core is just outdated.

Is there a different git repo for the android code? I thought the cores are portable.

Are you running aarch64 (i.e., 64-bit ARM android)? It looks like it’s failing to build there but the rest of the android builds are okay. I’ll look into why it’s failing there.

64! Wow, I can’t believe there was actually a build problem. I’m really proud of myself. Thanks man, let me know how it goes!