[Overlay].cfg question

Looking at the input debacles for N64 on RetroArch, I was struck with a question. Can you put if/else statements in overlay.cfg files? I’m asking because the input scheme for the ParaLLEl core is different depending on whether you have “Independent C-Button Controls” enabled or disabled, and since the overlays define a button’s output at its creation, and a lot of them haven’t been updated for a couple years, the N64 overlays don’t function as they should with this setting on.

No, overlays don’t support if statements. You could just make another ‘page’ on the overlay that has the different configuration. I would think the easier solution would be to just turn off that option if you’re going to use an overlay.

My problem is that I use RetroArch on Android, and want to be able to play N64 games without having to hold a separate trigger button to use the C-buttons, so turning off the option isn’t a great option for me. I think I’ll go ahead and create that new ‘page’, and send it in for a pull request.

Thank you for your help!