ParaLLEl N64 Ocarina of Time no audio popping opening menu

The reason why I want to use cxd4 in the first place is to avoid the occasional audio pop in Ocarina of Time when entering the menu using the HLE RSP.

But the combination of the above two crashes. Why? I’m using the “gl” video driver.

1 Like

You are forced to use angrylion’s LLE rdp video plugin if you want to use cxd4 rsp. Both of them can only be used with each other. If you have a good cpu you can afford this combination with most games. Results will be awesome.

Greetings.

Except angrylion can’t render at a high resolution, right? And I want to disable the VI filter.

Of course not. If you wanna play with upscaled resolutions you’ll want to use an hle plugin. But that takes you to your original problem, hle = glitches, lle = accuracy. Upscaling resolution is not accurate. You can give Mupen64plusnext a chance, though. Its a new core based on latest Mupen64plus source and latest gliden64 source. I don’t have any idea if it will solve your OoT issue though.

There’s nothing “of course not” about it. In true Retroarch fashion, documentation is awful and user experience is an afterthought (maybe not even then), thus my completely valid question.

Here’s a certain inalienable truth: There should be human input validation so no combination of configuration/core options causes Retroarch to crash.

I know, blah blah priorities. Then expect questions. Like mine.

There’s nothing express nor implied that a High Level Emulation plugin couldn’t be usable with a Low Level Emulation plugin. Maybe the plugins in question were implemented that way, but that defeats the concept of a “plugin” if it’s not able to be unconditionally plugged in. Crazy talk, I know.

There’s no reason an “accurate” plugin couldn’t be used with certain enhancements, like non-native rendering or disabled VI filter. There’s no world court mandating nor gestapo enforcing your arbitrary rules. These are all decisions implicitly made by the implementors.

So GLideN64 > Glide64? I learned something today; maybe I’ll check it out: https://github.com/gonetz/GLideN64

It’s almost like it’s difficult to keep these things straight. Nah, I’m just dumb.

Hm, interesting, and angrylion with an option to disable the VI filter: https://github.com/ata4/angrylion-rdp-plus

Greetings.

2 Likes