Reicast Core Crashing on Launch

Hello All,

I’m experiencing a crash whenever I try to load a Naomi rom in the Reicast core. My log file is contained in the Google Docs link below (comments are enabled). Would anyone be able to help me identify the cause of the crash? The rom file I’m using is a zip file from a Mame romset that works perfectly in Demul. Thanks!

My setup:

Retroarch 1.7.6 (Last stable) Core: Reicast 0.1 b3e5f0c OS: Windows 10 x64 CPU: Intel i5 6600K GPU: Nvidia GTX 970

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ymVYZbxkqqDmv5eb3nuGg630zpQJFjuA2eFxD4AZYRY/edit?usp=sharing

Mapped epr-23062a.ic22: 400000 bytes at 0000000
C:\Emulators\demul07_180428\roms\mvsc2u.zip: Cannot open mpr-23048.ic1
Cannot load C:\Emulators\demul07_180428\roms\mvsc2u.zip: error 0
[libretro ERROR] Reicast emulator initialization failed
[ERROR] Failed to load content.

missing file => wrong romset

FYI, reicast is in sync with latest mame naomi/atomiswave romsets.

1 Like

Thanks @BarbuDreadMon. Is Reicast currently compatible with split mame romsets?

Split is what i’m using, but it should be compatible with merged/non-merged too.

1 Like

Ok I tested a couple other Naomi roms, all from the latest split mame romset and the hangup seems to be the following section of the log:

Sh4 Reset
reios: IP.bin is ''
reios: Hardware ID is: 
reios: Maker ID is:    
reios: Device info is: 
reios: Area symbols is: 
reios: Peripherals is: 
reios: Product number is: 
reios: Product version is: 
reios: Release date is: 
reios: Boot filename is: 
reios: Software company is: 
reios: Software name is: 
reios: loading ip.bin from FAD: 0
reios: bootfile is ''
[libretro ERROR] Failed to locate bootfile.

Is this also an issue of having the wrong romset?

That’s normal log, i have it too.

Here’s a link to the full log:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rseuCNnE1EBABUsHB5lHWd3x-h_M3IDm2gT_wknGu7Y/edit?usp=sharing

[ERROR] [GL]: Not loading any shader, or couldn't find valid shader backend. Continuing without shaders.
[GPF]Unhandled access to : 0x68
[GPF]Unhandled access to : 0x68

I’m not sure what those messages mean, but they seem to be the source of your issue. Maybe @flyinghead will know.

1 Like

These errors are protection faults accessing (invalid) address 0x68 but that doesn’t help much.

I had a problem similar to yours. If anything, after i updated to Reicast 0.1 8c38fce, everything got solved

Forgive me if this is something you already checked, but do you have the naomi.zip file?

Yes, naomi.zip is stored in \RetroArch\system\dc.