Virtual Jaguar - Control Inputs missing from core?

I’m starting to dig more into the Atari Jaguar, and I was trying to setup the controller and I ran into an odd issue. It seems like there are actually controls that are missing from the core’s input options. It’s extremely odd so I figured it best to make a post to see if there’s more information.

Essentially the core has the following inputs for Jaguar’s standard controller:

• C, B, A
  • Up, Down, Left, Right
  • Pause, Option,
  • Numpad 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

This means that can’t push these buttons while playing:

• Numpad 7, 8, 9, *, #

Sadly there doesn’t seem to be an option for the Jaguar’s pro controller, but initially I thought this was fine as all the pro version does is remap some keypads to it’s extra buttons.

• L, R = Numpad 4, 6
  • Z, X, Y = Numpad 7, 8, 9

This stands out to me as a particularly large issue as 7, 8, & 9 are used for some key features in Jaguar games. For example there’s no way to open the Map in Alien vs. Predator without the Numpad 8 key…

Anyway, I wasn’t sure if anyone else had come across this issue or had any more information. Now that I went through the process of making this whole post I’m thinking I should try to check github too for notes on it.

1 Like

Just tried out AvP via Virtual Jaguar the first time. Ran into this problem as well, came looking for a fix but sadly am only finding your post and others like it elsewhere. Hope its something that gets addressed at some point, could really use the map in this game. Other than being lost it seems really cool for its age.

1 Like

I haven’t had time to sit down and play with the stand-alone version of Virtual Jaguar, but I’m wondering if it’s a limitation there as well. Sadly I don’t think Virtual Jaguar is in active development anymore. Which totally sucks 'cause I know Jaguar CD emulation ‘was’ being added… but it remains an un-emulated system :frowning:

Jaguar just doesn’t have much emu-love I’m afraid.