1.2 for iOS

When’s the long anticipated 1.2 coming out for iOS?

I know it’s hard to gauge when things get finished but is there a rough estimate for release? I’m too excited… I want to play all the games my poor 4S couldn’t handle. >x3

I’m going crazy, can’t wait at all!!

I played with the PC version a little and it’s great, feels like a PSP interface and that’s awesome.

I hope I can connect my PS3 remote to it like I’ve been able to do before… I need to build a new mount. ':x

How does the downloading of cores work? And why doesn’t it just come with all the cores in the first place? It’s not like RetroArch is bigger than 100mb right?

You don’t really need all the cores. It’s easier to just pick the ones you need and download them in app.

It’s hard telling when the iOS release will be. None of the developers really have iOS devices so the others are pushed through faster. The nightly is playable in the mean time.

[QUOTE=GutlessGnat;24853]You don’t really need all the cores. It’s easier to just pick the ones you need and download them in app.

It’s hard telling when the iOS release will be. None of the developers really have iOS devices so the others are pushed through faster. The nightly is playable in the mean time.[/QUOTE]

Oooh, sadly I don’t want to risk a nightly… I’d rather wait for a full release. :c

Also… are save state files compatible?

Savestates are rarely compatible across core versions, as basically any change to the emulator makes the state (which is literally a snapshot of the virtual machine) not make sense anymore. However, if a core hasn’t received any emulation-related updates in the meantime, the states may still work.

… well crap! ':f

I hope I can get a hold of the old PS1 emulator. I didn’t use Mednafen, I used the other. I guess I might need to use 1.0.0.2.1 again until I finish the game I’m on.

We’ll see what happens.

In-game saves are generally stable, so if you can switch to that, you should be fine.

In save games don’t seem to be working on pcsx rearmed right now. Never shows the game save in game. Just blank even though it says it’s saved successfully.

That’s the one. I came just to post the core I was using, seems you beat me to it, Mr Gnat. ;d

The PSX Rearmed core was what I was using before on 1.0.0.2.1. It sucks to hear how it’s got problems now. :c

The core itself runs the games just fine. The in game saves would be an issue on retroarch not the core.

Well its been a week, I wonder when we’ll see 1.2 or pah 2.0 for ios, they stopped even updating its nightlys on 6/29… blarg…

iOS users need to wait a ton because ios build depend by @ikarit (he still working in libretro-super)

Nooooooo x’{

Back to 1.0.0.2.1 then!

[QUOTE=brujo5;25182]iOS users need to wait a ton because ios build depend by @ikarit (he still working in libretro-super)[/QUOTE] Well this is about as surprising as grass being green and the sky being blue… So yeah I suspect that iOS users wont see anything till 2.0 stable comes around… Atleast 1.0.0.2.1 is jurryrigable to use controller wise.

It’s coming very soon. We had to spend some time squashing bugs that were revealed with the Android 1.2 release, but the iOS port will benefit from all of that work. You guys will have a more stable, polished experience from the get-go as a result of that additional work.

I love you Hunterk! Sorry I’m so excited. Please excuse any pressure I might’ve put. >x3 <3

I just hope it’s before the 20th at least though, because my holidays end there! x’{

Gosh there’s already a 1.2.1 out now x’{

Yeah, that’s the bugfix release for Android. With that out of the way, the Android work should be done, so I think Twinaphex is planning to work on iOS, BB10 and Wii next. He and Radius have been busting ass this past week, though, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they need to cool down a little before diving in fully.

Yeah… I can tell how hard coding can be, all the numbers and all that garbage flying around. When I worked on a WoW private server, the general expectation was ‘Fix one bug, break two things’. >x3

I just hope it’s not horrible to install like 1.0.0.2.1 is being right now with write permission errors and all that junk. I’m so excited. >x3 <3

It’s great news though to hear, I wonder what the bugs were… ':x

Thanks for all the hard work! This is really such an awesome project and has allowed me to enjoy so many games on my iPhone.

Just curious, can i donate to this project, or is that wrong?