1.2 for iOS

They don’t take donations apparently… I do not know why. I’d toss $10 at them to help with costs if I could.

I hope a Repo will come up for Cydia, too!

@twinaphex at least that tells me

ios version depend by @ikarith https://github.com/iKarith?tab=activity but he to absent for 15 days!!

That’s for the nightly builds, not the actual development.

[QUOTE=Darnassus;25559]They don’t take donations apparently… I do not know why. I’d toss $10 at them to help with costs if I could.

I hope a Repo will come up for Cydia, too![/QUOTE]

I’d donate $50!

I’m guessing this holds true for OSX as well as iOS? Thanks for keeping us up to date Hunterk, though you catch a lot of shit for it.

Yeah, there are some outstanding bugs with osx that need squashing before a proper release. As it is, some of the functions in the native menubar aren’t really working correctly, and we’re going to have to either do a bunch of digging into Apple API docs–which I’ve been trying to do unsuccessfully–or just remove the menubar for now so it doesn’t hold things up.

Re: catching shit, it’s ok. That’s part of why we don’t take donations, though. As it is, we can always fall back on “this is all free to you, and our labor is freely given; if you don’t like it, you can kindly bugger off.” If people actually were paying for it, they’d have more justification for complaining about delays, etc. and it would foster unrealistic expectations.

No worries, i was going to donate to help you fellas out, but i’m glad you are that way bout donations $$

[QUOTE=hunterk;25605]Yeah, there are some outstanding bugs with osx that need squashing before a proper release. As it is, some of the functions in the native menubar aren’t really working correctly, and we’re going to have to either do a bunch of digging into Apple API docs–which I’ve been trying to do unsuccessfully–or just remove the menubar for now so it doesn’t hold things up.

Re: catching shit, it’s ok. That’s part of why we don’t take donations, though. As it is, we can always fall back on “this is all free to you, and our labor is freely given; if you don’t like it, you can kindly bugger off.” If people actually were paying for it, they’d have more justification for complaining about delays, etc. and it would foster unrealistic expectations.[/QUOTE]

That’s completely wrong though! Don’t people understand the meaning of ‘donation’ anymore? I don’t expect poor people to hunt me down to shake my hand and say thank you when I contribute to Salvation Army. ':f

Also for ‘catching shit’ don’t let them push you around, Hunterk. You and Radius keep us more than well informed about what’s going on. Free projects always take time… people just can’t help but be excited, and sometimes get angry because of it… but they must remember it’s free and quality. ;x

Yeah, the entitlement and rudeness get old fast, but it’s just a vocal minority. Most people are appreciative and polite.

We might start accepting donations in the future as we expand more outside of emulation, though, since the core contributors are in agreement that accepting money for emulation has some moral issues we don’t care to run afoul of. We’re working on some gamedev cores and it might be fun to collect donations to give back out as prizes for a game jam or something like that.

[QUOTE=hunterk;25698]Yeah, the entitlement and rudeness get old fast, but it’s just a vocal minority. Most people are appreciative and polite.

We might start accepting donations in the future as we expand more outside of emulation, though, since the core contributors are in agreement that accepting money for emulation has some moral issues we don’t care to run afoul of. We’re working on some gamedev cores and it might be fun to collect donations to give back out as prizes for a game jam or something like that.[/QUOTE]

Horray ;D

By the way, will the Repo reopen for 1.2.1 when it releases?

Yeah, whenever we’re ready for a release, we’ll get a repo setup somewhere. I’m not sure what the address will be, exactly, but we’ll advertise it.

Awwwww shit it’s going down! 1.2.2 was released for OSX. Hold hands iPhone buddies, the gift of heavens is soon to be bestowed! >x3 <3

Edit: Curses!

Don’t worry boys, if OSX is out, iOS is not far behind! >x3

I cannot wait any longer, it’s like when you’re waiting for your birthday presents

I know Dx

It’s terrible, gut wrenching!! I must have my RetroArch 1.2.X…? xD

NOO!! Why must you do this to me, RetroGod of Mobile Gaming!

lol “outdated” doesn’t mean like… last year or something. It’s late-june at the latest (that’s when he disappeared) and possibly as recently as a few days, depending on whether he’s pulling the builds I did recently.

Slap him silly with an iPad Hunterk! The people of Rome deman-… uhh, the people of mobile gaming on iWare depend on it!

Edit: PS… as far as I’m aware PSX Rearmed is working fine. ':x

Wait, I just had a question…

If we have save states… you said compatibility is an issue.

If you download the core… and there’s an update… and we update. What happens…?

Because of how you download the cores you want to use with RetroArch. What happens if the old core isn’t available anymore?

Yeah, that could happen. It’s probably not a good idea to mix savestates with constant updating.

When the heck will retro arch 1.2 be available for iOS 8.4??? thank you

I have been waiting patiently this past month for the release and I wish they would just update us more. Especially after telling us the dev is missing, it just makes me worry and all I want is a stable release to enjoy. I don’t care about all the bells-and-whistles if it’s not possible at the moment. I want to support RetroArch and boost their popularity and stuff but by the looks of it they don’t even care that much. So idk, I’m confused. But hopefully they’ve got everything under control. I’d just like if you guys could connect with the user base more, please. I think it’s good for everybody in the long run