1.2 for iOS

I get tired of answering this question constantly. The update is coming but it’s not ready yet. It’s not a matter of missing bells and whistles, it’s getting things to actually work on iOS/OSX when Apple constantly deprecates APIs and puts things in weird places. However, it’s easy to build on your own in the meantime if you’d like to try it, assuming you have a Mac with XCode.

We don’t have any full-time OSX/iOS developers at the moment, so if anyone wants to help out, patches are always welcome. That doesn’t mean the release isn’t coming, just that it takes a little longer than if it were a platform that we use regularly. I added retina support a few weeks ago and someone just submitted a patch to re-add generic HID controller support. Twinaphex is working on everything else as we speak.

As for connecting with the userbase more, we’re always in #retroarch on Freenode IRC, and radius and I post here constantly (look how many times I’ve posted in this very thread, not to mention the number of times I’ve answered this exact question elsewhere). If you’d like to keep an eye on development, you can follow RetroArch’s commit log here:

You guys should start closing pointless topics like this one. Asking for ETA and release dates only hurts development.

iOS is the platform with less free stuff on the marked so is really hard to find people with knowledge to work for free. Retroarch is a 100% free project so all the devs are working using their free time. I’m amazed by how far it is already.

I remember the time that even a Snes emulator was hard to find and the ones available were paid crap.

Play the nightly and help report bugs. P.S be nice to poor Mr. Hunterk. :c

[QUOTE=hunterk;26250]I get tired of answering this question constantly. The update is coming but it’s not ready yet. It’s not a matter of missing bells and whistles, it’s getting things to actually work on iOS/OSX when Apple constantly deprecates APIs and puts things in weird places. However, it’s easy to build on your own in the meantime if you’d like to try it, assuming you have a Mac with XCode.

We don’t have any full-time OSX/iOS developers at the moment, so if anyone wants to help out, patches are always welcome. That doesn’t mean the release isn’t coming, just that it takes a little longer than if it were a platform that we use regularly. I added retina support a few weeks ago and someone just submitted a patch to re-add generic HID controller support. Twinaphex is working on everything else as we speak.

As for connecting with the userbase more, we’re always in #retroarch on Freenode IRC, and radius and I post here constantly (look how many times I’ve posted in this very thread, not to mention the number of times I’ve answered this exact question elsewhere). If you’d like to keep an eye on development, you can follow RetroArch’s commit log here: https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/commits/master[/QUOTE]

I can understand where both sides are coming from. The devs owe us no explanation. However I think something like a weekly blog update saying “hey here is what we are working on, here’s what needs to be done” or something along those lines would help ease the anxiety. Again not required or expected. Just an idea.

There are probably no weekly news to report… Just check the commits like hunterk suggested.

I sometimes really wonder how and why developers of free projects like this one put up with some of the commuinties’ crap.

There’s rarely any useful info in ‘user’ posts here; instead ppl start bitching if something changes (but works perfectly fine) and can’t be arsed to take 2 minutes, read the menus and set things up. (Android launch of 1.2 was full of dumb people posting stuff like that)

[QUOTE=Dixxhead;26303]There are probably no weekly news to report… Just check the commits like hunterk suggested.

I sometimes really wonder how and why developers of free projects like this one put up with some of the commuinties’ crap.

There’s rarely any useful info in ‘user’ posts here; instead ppl start bitching if something changes (but works perfectly fine) and can’t be arsed to take 2 minutes, read the menus and set things up. (Android launch of 1.2 was full of dumb people posting stuff like that)[/QUOTE]

Glad I’m not a Droid then ';x sounds like a massacre.

I might just apply to be a forum mod so poor Hunterk and Radius get less ungrateful people dampening their spirits. :f

Honestly, chill out. I respect the developers as much as anyone else, and if I could help in any way I would, (and I think have helped the Retroarch community a tiny little bit, by reporting the OSX 10.10 cg framework error and I wrote the CFA tutorial on Reddit, as if any of this actually matters). Anyway, all this ‘annoyance’ only really started when they announced that it would already be out around month ago. I will personally wait all the time in the world, what they are doing is fantastic and I understand full well what conditions they are working under, alright? It may have been my first post, but I’m not a God damn fool. I was just thinking along the lines of Lightz39’s comment where they make more ‘public’ updates. I have been watching the forums since the announcement, and literally since I’m not trying to bug them (about anything, thus creating an account just now) I just think it would be nice if they did more ‘public’ updates, that’s all. It’s fine if you disagree, but you don’t have to be so damn rude about it. I’ll just shut up like you want and pretend I don’t have questions, thanks.

Sorry you felt adressed by my comment. I totally see your point and you obviously were not demanding anything per se. My post was mostly directed to them ppl who just complain and do that in a very rude way. No constructive content to their posts at all.

however, I think hunterk was doing good enough of a job telling us whats going on. I believe it’s the job of the community to keep the info flowing along. Create a thread called “News around iOS Port” and collect the info there :slight_smile:

With 1.0.0.1 still being the latest version available – which was released over a year ago – on Cydia, are the core updates from http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/ios/latest/ the only updates we have?

Take this ipa http://www.filepup.net/files/l0EE1436043005.html Download your cores in the app and be happy with what you have for now.

[QUOTE=GutlessGnat;26493]Take this ipa http://www.filepup.net/files/l0EE1436043005.html Download your cores in the app and be happy with what you have for now.[/QUOTE]

Just curious, but where did the IPA originally come from?

Ignore 1.0.0.1 use 1.0.0.2.1 ;U

Otherwise use the Nightly!

[QUOTE=Darnassus;26527]Ignore 1.0.0.1 use 1.0.0.2.1 ;U

Otherwise use the Nightly![/QUOTE]

But isn’t the nightly just the cores? How is the main app built? 1.0.0.2 is the latest version of the main app, as per http://buildbot.libretro.com/stable/archive/stable/ios/. Just trying to better understand this stuff.

Currently yes its only cores. The nightly files disappeared when they did a server clean. Use 1.0.0.2 with the nightly cores and wait for 1.2.3. I know it’s tough but it’ll be worth the wait. I’m sure.

That ipa was compiled before the nightlies were lost. I packed it.

mate can you upload it again somewhere else ? it seems like the file is no longer available for download

I found a link to the ipa earlier on this forum, I’m on mobile now, I’ll try to find it tonight.

I’m on Cydia. I tried installing the ipa earlier through iTunes and it copies to the main menu but it won’t install. Is this a permissions issue?

Sorry I’m new to all of this.

[QUOTE=GutlessGnat;26493]Take this ipa http://www.filepup.net/files/l0EE1436043005.html Download your cores in the app and be happy with what you have for now.[/QUOTE] Thanks for your support. But i can’t install this .ipa file. Its said verification failed. Can you help?

You just need too rename your xxx.ipa file into xxx.app.zip, then extract it and put the xxx.app that you obtain into the var/stash/repertory with a name like _Bve56x/application folder. Reboot/respring your device and the app 'll be on your springboard.

I’ve a question too : my controller that I use with CFA ((dualshock 3)) isn’t rocognised in retroarch. Why ?

Thanks for help !

Hi! I understand you have already got issues, but please tell me at least the approximate date of release? Thank you!