1.2 for iOS

… how do we tell you the approximate date of release when the team’s trying to fix the problem? ;d

Your answer; Soon™

[QUOTE=White;27268]You just need too rename your xxx.ipa file into xxx.app.zip, then extract it and put the xxx.app that you obtain into the var/stash/repertory with a name like _Bve56x/application folder. Reboot/respring your device and the app 'll be on your springboard.

I’ve a question too : my controller that I use with CFA ((dualshock 3)) isn’t rocognised in retroarch. Why ?

Thanks for help ![/QUOTE]

i see the var/stash but after that i get lost i change the ipa to a app and just added it to applications but that does nothing… anyone know how to help me nvm, i see what u ment but it doesnt show up after i extract it from ifile using unarchiver i get 2 folders in the “Bve56x/application” one MACOSX and then another payload with RetroArch.app folder that i have replace payload spot and it doesnt show up on my homescreen.

To those who wanted an alternate website to download the last nightly packed into an ipa here you go.

https://mega.co.nz/#!l8J3mLqJ!S6azgkQKwqhTRdlSy3JlwA8b1D2UwWfSbIaUGFjYo5A

[QUOTE=GutlessGnat;27968]To those who wanted an alternate website to download the last nightly packed into an ipa here you go.

https://mega.co.nz/#!l8J3mLqJ!S6azgkQKwqhTRdlSy3JlwA8b1D2UwWfSbIaUGFjYo5A[/QUOTE]

Hm, when i install it and try to launch, it instantly closes and i have to close it by sliding it off my app list. Has anyone ever encountered this problem?

Using the TaiG jailbreak for 8.1.2.

[QUOTE=LegendOfAB;28037]Hm, when i install it and try to launch, it instantly closes and i have to close it by sliding it off my app list. Has anyone ever encountered this problem?

Using the TaiG jailbreak for 8.1.2.[/QUOTE]

Does your Cydia work? ;U

Haha, yep.

Is it when you open the app, or try to open Front End? ;U

As soon as i tap the app to open it, it immediately closes again.

I was having issues with it doing that. If you are jail broken you can go into the app folder and change permissions to read and write. Retro arch needs full permissions to run properly.

I use winscp to get into the root of my phone. You can supposedly also do it with ifile but I am unfamiliar with that process.

So I’m not going to ask about an ETA. I just want to know, are MFI controllers (like gamevice) gonna be supported with the new release?

If not currently I’m sure they will… I am sure you can just remap by clicking buttons though.

I got a response on twitter much faster. From libretro which said it already does support MFI controllers. The thing is, “just clicking” on them won’t work. The app has to have programmed in apple MFI controller scheme to be compatible. Mame4ios, SNES9x and I assume the other ones the SNES guy makes (who is not around to give me the files I already paid for, but that’s another topic), none of them work with gamevice.

Is there a Cydia repo that has newer versions? Seems like iOS (oddly enough) is one of the more neglected platforms here. RetroArch in the main ZodTTD repo is still on version 1.0.0.1.

nope. And is best not even to ask for it… We will get a repo on the next release…yeah…

[QUOTE=pralima87;29409]nope. And is best not even to ask for it…[/QUOTE]

Why is that? You’d think iOS would be getting better attention from people than this.

Is a matter of resource management. Retroarch requires a lot of work since is such a big project. The iOS port is lacking Devs.

The lack of iOS dev(s) is exacerbated by the fact that Apple constantly breaks backward compatibility in iOS and OSX. On most platforms, an update means minor tweaks. On iOS/OSX it means major surgery just to get it working and hours spent learning new APIs to support new features (like hi-dpi retina support).

Hello,

Is Retroarch will be supporting new Split View for iPads?

Not at first, no. It appears that adding support for that would break compatibility with all earlier iOS versions, based on a quick skimming of the API docs.

[QUOTE=datdemon;29463]Hello,

Is Retroarch will be supporting new Split View for iPads?[/QUOTE]

We could rely on jailbreak tweaks as an alternative. Mirmir, Quasar and others can handle multi-app multitasking better than Apple’s split view implementation IMO.