1.2 release feedback - Reznnate

STOP PUTTING WORDS ON MY MOUTH Where did I exactly say we are dropping support???, I even told you what’s needed but we do not have the devices needed to make that work.

What should I go out and buy an old device just to make your usecase work?

It’s not even hard, you just need to pair your controller, go to input settings, do a bind all, copy over the config to your PC and clean it up and submit to the repo. But yeah it’s better to say things are a farce and BS and talk shit.

[QUOTE=Radius;24903]STOP PUTTING WORDS ON MY MOUTH Where did I exactly say we are dropping support???, I even told you what’s needed but we do not have the devices needed to make that work.

What should I go out and buy an old device just to make your usecase work?[/QUOTE]

Well, then what the bloody hell am I suppose to do in the mean time? You guys don’t have the devices to test, I get it, but that doesn’t mean we can use the Wii remote now.

Read my post again, you can add the config yourself.

Where can I get it? There are no instructions on how to do so are there? It there a thread for a tutorial?

You mean before or after I load RA itself or in that screen beforehand? I saw no bind_all option.

Re: Read my post again, you can add the config yourself.

Okay, but how can I do that when it won’t even let me press or map the Wii remove/classic controller buttons? It just pauses there prompting a key press. I didn’t see any “bind_all” options when I loaded into the XBM GUI. I synced the remote with the Wii app, opened up RA, loaded the RA GUI, but saw nothing with bindall at all.

Edit: Found bind all. but it just sits there, I can’t press anything except for “back” and the Wiiimote will not map. WTF.

[QUOTE=nintendonerd1889;24908] Edit: Found bind all. but it just sits there, I can’t press anything except for “back” and the Wiiimote will not map. WTF.[/QUOTE]

Man, just chill out, ALRIGHT. The bind all function did the same for me. Just go back once and you’ll see another list of biding options. If the auto detection is on, even if you haven’t selected any device, these should detect your input. If it still doesn’t work, reset the settings and try again. Stop being an @SS

In user 1 device index you should have the devices that are connected, you can go left/right to change the device

People like “nintendonerd1889” make me worry for humanity.

Radius’s calm, positive responses give me hope.

It reminds me of the time I gave my lunch to a homeless guy and he threw it down and said ‘F you, give me $5’…

[QUOTE=nintendonerd1889;24908]Okay, but how can I do that when it won’t even let me press or map the Wii remove/classic controller buttons? It just pauses there prompting a key press. I didn’t see any “bind_all” options when I loaded into the XBM GUI. I synced the remote with the Wii app, opened up RA, loaded the RA GUI, but saw nothing with bindall at all.

Edit: Found bind all. but it just sits there, I can’t press anything except for “back” and the Wiiimote will not map. WTF.[/QUOTE]

You know what, I just remembered I have two of those at home. I’ll try and I’ll tell you if it worked. Though, I have very little doubt that it will because I’ve been using an Ouya gamepad and a USB neogeo x controller with retroarch long before they added those in their list and it was flawless.

Unfortunately, this is what passes for user feedback on the internet these days. If we didn’t accept bug reports like that and try to make the best of it, we would barely have any feedback at all. 80%+ of what we hear is hyperbole and vitriol. “My specific use-case isn’t the default and requires some minimal amount of effort on my part to accomplish? Then this program is fucking worthless and you should give up and die,” etc. etc.

I don’t think everyone needs to lick devs’ butts or whatever, but basic courtesy would be appreciated.

[QUOTE=Tetsuokenpachi;24911]Man, just chill out, ALRIGHT. The bind all function did the same for me. Just go back once and you’ll see another list of biding options. If the auto detection is on, even if you haven’t selected any device, these should detect your input. If it still doesn’t work, reset the settings and try again. Stop being an @SS…[/QUOTE] For clarification, did you sync the Wii remote in the Wii controller app before you loaded RetroArch or when you loaded it? I always sync it before I open the emulator. I know I 'm doing something wrong, as the auto-detection is indeed on. I think what I’ll do is record me navigating the menu on my Nexus 7, using my phone or something to show what I’m doing. For some reason they simply refused to bind when I last tried.

Right, I did go there, but the only options I see are Retropad, Retropad w/analog, null, even when I sync the controller before I run the app, it doesn’t show the Wii remote. Which is odd since the IME is set to Wii remote in both controller app and RA I assume the Joypad Driver needs to be set to HID and not Android, correct? Input driver only has Android and Null as choices. FWIW the bind mode is set to Retropad. I think I’m cursed, nothing I do works. Sigh Maybe I don’t deserve to get things right, I don’t know. :frowning:

This is what I get for being such a jerk to everyone…

Edit: Tried what you guys suggested and…still isn’t working at all…oh man :frowning:

[QUOTE=nintendonerd1889;24930]For clarification, did you sync the Wii remote in the Wii controller app before you loaded RetroArch or when you loaded it? I always sync it before I open the emulator. I know I 'm doing something wrong, as the auto-detection is indeed on. I think what I’ll do is record me navigating the menu on my Nexus 7, using my phone or something to show what I’m doing. For some reason they simply refused to bind when I last tried.

Right, I did go there, but the only options I see are Retropad, Retropad w/analog, null, even when I sync the controller before I run the app, it doesn’t show the Wii remote. Which is odd since the IME is set to Wii remote in both controller app and RA I assume the Joypad Driver needs to be set to HID and not Android, correct? Input driver only has Android and Null as choices. FWIW the bind mode is set to Retropad. I think I’m cursed, nothing I do works. Sigh Maybe I don’t deserve to get things right, I don’t know. :frowning:

This is what I get for being such a jerk to everyone…[/QUOTE]

I’m at work right now (I live in Asia +8 hours time zone) so I can’t do much right now but let’s get the obvious out of the way.

1. Are you sure your weemote isn’t damaged? I’m using mines with my Wii U so I know they’re fine.

2. Whatever app you’re using to sync it, can it recognize it as an android keyboard? My ipega Bluetooth controller appears as a keyboard in my status bar.

3. Can you reset the settings of retroarch to default then change again your folders in retroarch if you have to?

4. Make sure the auto detection is on but don’t change any of the settings.

5. Close the app to make sure the settings are saved and open it again.

6. Load retroarch without selecting any core or content. Go to settings. In that list, under input settings, there are binding options. Try the first one and it will ask you to press the directions and buttons. Tell me if it registers your input.

[QUOTE=Tetsuokenpachi;24933]I’m at work right now (I live in Asia +8 hours time zone) so I can’t do much right now but let’s get the obvious out of the way.

1. Are you sure your weemote isn’t damaged? I’m using mines with my Wii U so I know they’re fine.

2. Whatever app you’re using to sync it, can it recognize it as an android keyboard? My ipega Bluetooth controller appears as a keyboard in my status bar.

3. Can you reset the settings of retroarch to default then change again your folders in retroarch if you have to?

4. Make sure the auto detection is on but don’t change any of the settings.

5. Close the app to make sure the settings are saved and open it again.

6. Load retroarch without selecting any core or content. Go to settings. In that list, under input settings, there are binding options. Try the first one and it will ask you to press the directions and buttons. Tell me if it registers your input.[/QUOTE]

1 - Not that I know of, it works for all other emulator apps, every single one but RA work with it, these include: Snes9x EX+ GBA.emu, MD.emu, MyBoy, GBA.emu, DraStic, ePSXe, FPSe, Snes.emu, to name a few. All of them work perfectly with the Classic Controller, no problem. Also works on my Wii and Wii U fine :slight_smile:

2 - I use just the Wii remote app from here https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ccpcreations.android.WiiUseAndroid&hl=en I use nothing else to sync it beforehand, so it can’t be my controller, but I do have another Wii remote I can try. You mean the IME input selector? The choices I have when I choose the input are WiiControllerIME, and English US (Android Keyboard AOSP), those are the only ones I can use in the app, right now, I have it selected to the first one as all other emulators require it. Well I tried the other IME input and while the controller stayed synced, it would not register, I need to reset the settings.

3 - How do I reset them? For some odd reason, when I connect my rooted and unlocked Nexus 7 to my Windows 7 PC, I can’t find the config files, I have to use a File Explorer app on my tablet to find them, and even then, I can’t remove them. Is there a reset all option somewhere? Worst case, I delete the app and reinstall it.

4 - Yup, it’s definitely on, looking at it right here, should I record a full HD video of me navigating the emulator?

5 - I’m going to try all these again and if still doesn’t work, my Nexus 7 must be cursed.

Do I need HID on?

Edit: I think I might weep openly at this point, nothing I’m doing is working, but I do know the controller itself is fully functional. The only choices I have now are to remove the settings, since I can’t locate the config files on Windows Explorer when I connect my Nexus to my PC, I will delete the app and reinstall it, thus resetting it all to default. Second option would be for me to use a second Wii remote I have.

Failing that…I’m forever stuck on touchscreen controls -_-

[QUOTE=nintendonerd1889;24934]1 - Not that I know of, it works for all other emulator apps, every single one but RA work with it, these include: Snes9x EX+ GBA.emu, MD.emu, MyBoy, GBA.emu, DraStic, ePSXe, FPSe, Snes.emu, to name a few. All of them work perfectly with the Classic Controller, no problem. Also works on my Wii and Wii U fine :slight_smile:

2 - I use just the Wii remote app from here https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ccpcreations.android[/QUOTE]

I stand corrected. I can’t help you as the app you’re using has been last updated in 2013 and people report it isn’t even compatible with 5.0 and I’m running 5.1. Isn’t there another one you could try?

I think you’d better buy an android controller instead. It’s not expensive and it’s much better than a 4 buttons weemote…

[QUOTE=Tetsuokenpachi;24946]I stand corrected. I can’t help you as the app you’re using has been last updated in 2013 and people report it isn’t even compatible with 5.0 and I’m running 5.1. Isn’t there another one you could try?

I think you’d better buy an android controller instead. It’s not expensive and it’s much better than a 4 buttons weemote…[/QUOTE]

Right, but it works with every other app that have been updated no more than a week or so ago (all the aforementioned emulators actually), the app being from 2013 shouldn’t have any relevance as I’m on Android 4.1.2. I have two versions of Android on my rooted device, an updated one and 4.1.2 only because Google went full stupid and decided to kill the code necessary for Wii remote support on 4.2+ plus, why, I don’t know, but there was no reason for them to drop it. But It’s not just a Wii remote, I use a Classic Controller, which has A, B, X, Y, R, L, d-pad, analog sticks and two other triggers, so it’s not just the Wii remote itself. I don’t get that Snes9x EX+, GBA.emu, DraStic, ePSXe, all of which have been updated this past month, would work with a 2013 app, but RA doesn’t, it truly baffles the mine. But, the authors have reassured me that the Wii controllers and its add-ons can, in fact, be mapped manually. Heck, I even downloaded a config file from the download server on the site, the problem is I can’t get RA to find the file or even load the controller config file, but I digress.

That being said, I would have gotten a controller like the MOGA Pro if I actually had employment, which has been stressing me out to no end :confused: So far, the MOGA line of controllers seem to be the only major brand of controllers for Android that don’t blow.

Would this work with it? http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FB5R9OY/ref=s9_simh_gw_p63_d0_i1?&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=desktop-2&pf_rd_r=08EBZXEPHMA9T78N933B&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=2091268722&pf_rd_i=desktop&tag=donations09-20&th=1

Any fix for weird Start button issue and settings save problem on Shield?

Check my latest post in the nightly thread http://libretro.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2304&p=25049&viewfull=1#post25049

By default controller doesn’t work at all… Why it cannot be like in 1.0.0.x version with perfect controller support out of the box?

Thanks

[QUOTE=sf1;25108]By default controller doesn’t work at all… Why it cannot be like in 1.0.0.x version with perfect controller support out of the box?

Thanks[/QUOTE] Mostly like due in part that they dont have a Shield to test themselves.