3DO core with crt switchres....240p?

woot! I figured it out.

When I made a core overide file I copied it from sega and had run ahead on. Turned it off and im in business in 240p :smile:

1 Like

Nice! Glad you got it working. I never use run ahead, so I didn’t even think about that.

Yeah… I just started using it a few days ago. I had same tg16 game running on emulation and original hardware.

I noticed how in bonk you had to have precise timing to trampoline jump off the bounce flowers. Couldnt do it in emulation without hitting the button way sooner. Turned run ahead on and 1 frame of run ahead…much better, 2 frames= perfect. Never noticed it was so bad but its definitely worth messing with for at least 4,8,and 16bit systems. I set all to 2 frames and been fine sofar.

You have to set it up per game. 2 frames will be too much for some games and not enough for others. Also the amount of lag frames will differ depending on the input. Some times the dpad has more/less lag than the buttons for example, some times the jump button will have more/less lag than the shoot button etc. So you have to try every button on every game seperately.

that’s true, but anything that draws the frame all at once (i.e., non-beamracing; so, not atari, but almost everything after that) is safe with 1 and most but not all 16-bit are safe with 2. Some games you can get away with huge numbers like 4+ but those typically stand out for having unresponsive control to begin with (e.g., Mortal Kombat 1 on SNES)

Yeah ive read each game needs tested too but thats just never going to happen with an 8tb emulation drive. 2 frame run ahead has been fine sofar. If i find a core or game that needs adjusted ill have to do it as problems arise. But sofar 2 frames run ahead has been way more playable than not using run ahead.

So…anyone find the high resolution option in the opera 4DO core? Was it removed?