3DS Nightly Discussion Thread

The nightlies have very few cores now but we’ll keep adding them, please report any issues, suggestions and any other feedback here.

http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/nintendo/3ds/

Known issues:

• Too early to list, too many
  • Core switching is not implemented!

Relevant changes:

• added fceumm, nxengine
  • added gambatte
  • added cia and elf targets
  • added aspect ratio settings
  • improved vsync
  • added quicknes
  • added fba cps2/cps1
6 Likes

You should pack the [stripped] elf files in the build archives too, so we can build CIA installers. The 3dsx format isn’t convenient for users with fully exploited devices.

1 Like

U es! This is great news. I will try Genesis/MD tonight :slight_smile:

1 Like

According to GBATemp Users, the Gen/MD Emu works almost perfectly on the N3DS Systems. O3DS on the other hand…yeah. By the way, there needs to be a Instruction on how the File Structure should be. I know the .3dsx Files need to be in /3DS Folder, but anything else? I tried running the GEN/MD Core and I just got a Red Bottom Screen and Blank Upper Screen.

VirtualBoy Core is AWESOME. But as expected, on N3DS, it run about 50% with/Without Sound. But looks amazing, seriously.

[QUOTE=Smoker1;28004]According to GBATemp Users, the Gen/MD Emu works almost perfectly on the N3DS Systems. O3DS on the other hand…yeah. By the way, there needs to be a Instruction on how the File Structure should be. I know the .3dsx Files need to be in /3DS Folder, but anything else? I tried running the GEN/MD Core and I just got a Red Bottom Screen and Blank Upper Screen.

VirtualBoy Core is AWESOME. But as expected, on N3DS, it run about 50% with/Without Sound. But looks amazing, seriously.[/QUOTE]

Why’s the O3DS port running so differently? The only difference should be number of cores, but I don’t know how threaded a genesis emulator is.

I dont know either. There are differences in the Hardware which makes the N3DS more of the candidate for most Emulation. Not to mention for some Emulators like N64, this would be amazing since the N3DS has the CNub. Which by the way, there are some Emus that allow the Extra New Controls, but RetroArch doesnt seem to be able to use them.

This is great news. I will try Genesis/MD tonight

I have an old 3DS at 10.0.0 Picodrive fails to boot a rom at the moment, and gpsp, genesis plus gx, snes9x, and gambette seem to be pretty slow. (Some at half speed, some at 3/4 speed) A new 3DS is likely recommended for this, right?

I don’t know if this is actually why emulators are faster on the N3DS, but according to http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Ninjhax you can use 80% of the CPU on a N3DS and only 30% on an O3DS.

(I wonder if it’s possible to get 80% on an O3DS if you’re running under a Gateway and can run code with arbitrary privileges.)

Genesis is pretty much perfect now!

Catsfc is near perfect. Only a few games that have minor issues.

FCEUMM is perfect!

I love you guys for making these wonderful ports.

The only setting I’m missing is lower screen turned off during gameplay :slight_smile:

Hopefully you’ll continue to add more core like PC-Engine, neo geo and CPS2 :slight_smile:

Hugs

cps2 crashes when I try to run any game

Did some tests on a O3DS XL QuickNES - Perfect Picodrive - Freeze on booting up game NXengine - Perfect mGBA - 16-20 fps gbSP - Freeze on booting up game FCeumm - 16-20 fps Genesis Plus GX - 16-20 fps on MegaDrive/Genesis games, 55 - 60 fps on MasterSystem games CATSFC - 16-20 fps Snes9x Next - 6-10 fps

Gambatte - Perfect FBA (CPS1) - 16-20 fps

I suppose this counts as a bug, though minor: If you’re in the Retroarch menu, changing “Aspect Ratio Index” immediately changes the screen that is behind the menu. However, changing “Integer Scale” does not.

Also, I don’t see the use of an Aspect Ratio Index of 4:4 considering there is already a 1:1, and there is not a 2:2 or 3:3.

What are the changes from the 19/9 build to 20/9 build?

nvm, its NeoGeo core

is catsfc using the speedhack fork? snesadvance speedhacks were super helpful.

it would be very useful for o3ds

[QUOTE=arromdee;28154]I don’t know if this is actually why emulators are faster on the N3DS, but according to http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Ninjhax you can use 80% of the CPU on a N3DS and only 30% on an O3DS.

(I wonder if it’s possible to get 80% on an O3DS if you’re running under a Gateway and can run code with arbitrary privileges.)[/QUOTE] With Gateway you get ARM9 and effectively kernel access to the 3DS. smealum’s “hax” runs in ARM11 userspace which is why it’s limited to 30% CPU on the O3DS.

O3dsXL FW 10.1 - NXengine is running smooth for the most part, slowdown when start menu and save menu are open, sound becomes very distorted after awhile.

Tried both Catsfc and Catsfc plus on a japanese new3ds xl with latest firmware and super mario alls stars + world failed to move at each while working on snes9x with a bit of a lag.

Tried out CatSFC with a few games on a N3DS. It’s pretty great so far! Had a few hard locks navigating menus. I tried L+R+Start+Select to see if that’d take me back to the menu but it locks my system up. I’m sure this is known but I thought I’d mention it just in case.