3DS Nightly Discussion Thread

I can speak some words of English,hope you can understand what I mean.
CatSFC can’t work well when play “Tactics Ogre - Let Us Cling Together (J) (v1.2).sfc”,I must press and hold down one key to make another key work.

when use snes9x_next_libretro,everything goes well,bug it run at a alow speed.

test in N3DS & GW

So would it be possible to make a version of the emulator that runs under Gateway (or rxTools) and, because it has full kernel access, is capable of overriding the operating system limit so that the ARM11 code can use more than 30% CPU?

(Or could it be possible to just patch the EmuNAND so as to have a limit of more than 30%?)

I’ve tried to run PCSX REArmed on my N3DS and it worked pretty well. Sometimes I got a few framedrops and the sound is a bit “ugly” but many games are playable. Looking forward for more stable versions with a better compatibility and possibly Fullspeed for some games and a better sound.

Played Final Fanrasy VII on N3DS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p71phKljSAE Played Final Fantasy IX on N3DS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfzt13Z7m30

In the Buildarcive there is no PCSX Rearmed core in the 3ds folder. The .3dsx file is completly missing but the folder is there.

But the .elf and .cia Files are there.

Please fix that. I want to test the PCSX Rearmed core.

Is there a way to save and load SRAM on QuickNES yet? If so, how? Everytime I load a game it skips the SRAM.

Something problem with input left analog to digital setting. In CatSFC the direction is not correct.

N3DS XL on 9.9 Ironhax, newest nightly build of gPSP (October 2) freezes on startup. Last working build is October 1 as downloaded around 1:30 AM.

UPDATE: Newer updates to the 10-2 build have fixed the issue, everything’s great again.

Build seemingly broken again, starts up apparently fine but then freezes with the last line in the console being “RetroArch [INFO] :: null: []”

EDIT: Fixed again

Please include support on circle pad pro

Saving doesn’t work for me, and there is no guide to troubleshoot this. It doesn’t work on ANY emulator. Savestates don’t work either. Everyone I find who has the same issue has gotten no help unless you count “HURRR IT WORKZ JUZSTT FINE!!!111”. Well, it doesn’t, and I’m obviously not the first one to have this issue.

What are plans for the O3DS on SNES and MD emulation?

rude tbh (to be honest) fam, smh (shaking my head) :wink:

After doing an in-game save, open RGUI and then select Close Content. For some reason battery saves don’t actually get written until the ROM is closed manually.

Right, this is as-intended, as some games use SRAM for actual RAM (that is, scratch space that gets frequently rewritten), so you can’t just write to file every time it changes or those games will thrash your storage and wear out flash sectors. There is an option to automatically flush the SRAM to file (settings > saving > saveRAM autosave interval) every 10s or so, IIRC.

Is there a way to speed up the fast forward option? Only core I’ve tried at the moment is the genesis plus gx one. Works perfectly but fast forward only moves barely faster than normal

Nope, all FF does is disable vsync so it runs as fast as it can. It doesn’t actually skip emulating frames, etc.

So how does one install this on a O3DS with rxtools?

yes, i am. works perfect with rx v2.6

So its as simple as copying the files over to the SD card then?

Picodrive works perfectly now (18/10/2015 build) on the O3DS All mega drive, master system and game gear games I have tested run at 60fps and rarely drop frames. Testing some Sega CD later, I doubt I can run 32X

I’m getting a headache trying to get Neo-Geo games to run on my New 3DS XL. I’ve downloaded the Neo-Geo BIOS, put it in with the rest of the ROMs, and still get an CRC: 0x334ea51e error and a system freeze every time I try to run anything. I’ve tried six different versions of the Neo-Geo BIOS, to no avail. Could someone please tell me what I need specifically to make this work? CPS and CPS2 both work perfectly, but the Neo-Geo core has been incredibly stubborn.